• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

From New Years Day.

Colder than a well diggers lunch on New Years Day so about eveything under the sun was hiding in some nook or cranny. I managed about 6 decent pics all day. Here are 3.

This one was PS to take out the 3 row barbed wire fence and cornstalk. Let me know how it looks.

Pheasant.jpg

Bird.jpg

Very COld Beef

moo.jpg

a TON of Turkey:

HereTurkeyTurkeyTurkey.jpg

Compositionally, I really like the hen pheasant. smile.gif To my eye, the bird looks a little underexposed but could be easily fixed with a couple of different methods in PS.

That's quite a number of turkeys runnin' through the woods!

That certainly is a lot a large group of turkeys. I've never seen that many at once in my life. If I had anything like that near here, I would certainly be setting a blind up in the neighborhood.

Quote:

That certainly is a lot a large group of turkeys. I've never seen that many at once in my life. If I had anything like that near here, I would certainly be setting a blind up in the neighborhood.

MCARY, I would love to set a blind however the only place in this area a guy could do this is on the road. ND has laws about tresspass that cover ditches as well. THis are is super heavily posted. I know the land owner, who prefers his privacy as a little ecentric and won't let anyone near his place. He is nice enough however to leave 25 acres of corn field standing across the road behind another fence for the deer and turkeys to eat. If a guy could get by sitting on the road no problem.

Thanks for posting that, Paul. Looks like a case where manual settings (if the light was consistent) or exposure compensation would have been a good option.

In situations like that, where light is consistent and there's a lot of snow, I'll sometimes take a test shot, look at the histogram and use exposure compensation to move the histogram as far to the right as possible without blowing out any of the snow. That ensures that the subject against the snow (very few subjects are as white as snow) will be as bright as possible.

Once you get that set, you can switch to manual (as said only if the light remains consistent) and duplicate the shutter speed and aperture settings so you know your image will be exposed as far to the right as possible.

In a deal like with the hen, it would have been very hard to do all that unless the hen was willing to sit long enough for you to fiddle around. You did quite well cloning out the wire.

Paul,

Nice job of cloning and removing the barbed wire. When you mentioned the wire to begin with, I imagined it behind the bird and sometimes that could actually add to a photo. However, it definitely needed to go. Taking out the wire and the grass made this a great photo! smile.gif