• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New ATV

SomethingFishy*

Quote:

You couldnt spring for the 30.00 RAM holder for you H20 though....... Nice unit otherwise!

Ihave the gps mount installed, the picture was taken a few hours after it was picked up from the dealer. I installed it last night after getting back from Red Lake. It is almost setup the way I want it just waiting for the winch to arrive and need to mount my kolpin fuel packs and install the hand/thumb warmers.

Tracks rule...Just pulled my machine outside after thawing off all the snow from fishing yesterday along with a months worth of snow plowing. Snow/slush was frozen in every place. 5 hours inside and had to finish it off with a hose.

Gota get an Otter box for the back of your machine too. Along with a Fairing.

Quote:

OK probably a dumb question here but.... Do you keep the tracks on in the summer also?

You can if you wish. Most of the time I pull mine off after spring thaw and run with my outlaws.

AS fishy knows, legaly when you have tracks on your machine it isn't a ATV anymore, so if I'm on a trail with my tires on vrs tracks I don't have to worry about getting into a game of verbal judo with a CO.

Quote:

Quote:

OK probably a dumb question here but.... Do you keep the tracks on in the summer also?

You can if you wish. Most of the time I pull mine off after spring thaw and run with my outlaws.

AS fishy knows, legaly when you have tracks on your machine it isn't a ATV anymore, so if I'm on a trail with my tires on vrs tracks I don't have to worry about getting into a game of verbal judo with a CO.

Fire, I have another question. With tracks on you have to register it as an off road vehicle. When you put the tires on it is an ATV. Do you have to have two registrations?

fm5586,

Were you out on Fish lake last night (12/31/07)? I saw a tracked wheeler leave from behind us. We were fishing just off of Birch island. If it was you I was wondering how easy was your travel?

Very nice Fishy.

I installed Mattracks on my Sportsman 500 a year ago. What a trip. smile.gif Can not wait to get them under an 800. I like how they float over the slush and muck. grin.gif They do spray. grin.gifgrin.gif

Enjoy

Dan

P3090074.jpg

Quote:

Very nice Fishy.

I installed Mattracks on my Sportsman 500 a year ago. What a trip.
smile.gif
Can not wait to get them under an 800. I like how they float over the slush and muck.
grin.gif
They do spray.
grin.gifgrin.gif

Enjoy

Dan

P3090074.jpg

I wanted the mattracks however for the litefoot m3's it would have been nearly double what I spent on the prospector pro's, I had these on my 500 and the 800 will be a sweet upgrade for your tracks.

They go thru pretty much anything but cornering will cover you in snow, a windshield helps.

We will definetly need to get a winter ride together, probably have to stick to Ditches and Lakes for the tracked atv's. It would be a trip to see a line of tracked atv's together.... I would need a picture of that.

Can't use it on the sled trails;

84.81 Definitions Sub. 3 Snowmobile. "Snowmobile" means a self-propelled vehicle designed for travel on snow or ice steered by skis or runners.

No it wasn't me out on fishlake.

As for cross registration, I don't have my machine cross registered. During the winter its eather on my property, out out on a lake fishing. While fishing I'm going by the asumptiuon that a CO is more concerend as to my linit vrs how I got there. Come summer I just add 3 tires to my machine and call it good.

tracksstarboard.jpg

84.92 Definitions Sub. 8. All-terrain vehicle. "All-terrain vehicle"

or "vehicle" means a motorized flotation-tired vehicle of not

less than three low-pressure tires, but not more than six tires,

that is limited in engine displacement of less than 800 cubic

centimeters and total dry weight less than 900 pounds.

Now I'm not a lawyer, but I have stayed @ a Holiday Inn Express before.

Doesnt say what a low preasure flotation tire is, nor does it say were on the vehicle it has to be. So thats what I do with my machine while tracked up in the summer if I'm out riding.

As for a tracked machine ride....Sounds fun... I would be intrested in doing one. You show me yours and I'll show you mine. grin.gif

Quote:

What is the total width of your machine with the tracks on. I want to build a trailer and need to make sure it is wide enough if I add tracks later.

The machine wiith tracks is just under 56" wide. If you build yourself a 60" wide trailer there should be know issues. The tracks also make the machine nearly 8' long.

If we are ever in the same area I'll let you take her for a spin, beware though once you use them they'yy become a "must have". I rode my buddies 700 last winter with the old style polaris tracks and was hooked. I would eventually like to put these tracks on a Razor, I think it would be sweet for Ice Fishing. Maybe in a few years once the current toys are paid off. wink.gif

I don't see a problem with track on the trail. I think the main problem is that they are too wide. This will change with alot of the trails being changed for class 2 atv's.

Just to clarify for any potention Thundercat owners....The law says nothing about being under 800 ccs anymore.

The Canams were actually not legal last year on the trails. thank Arctic Cat for getting the rules changed. cool.gif

The rule for weight used to be GVWR. This was until Polaris figured out they were over 800 (actually over 900 lbs. GVWR). With tracks, I'm sure they are over 900 actual driving weight(not GVWR).