• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

For Jonny R.

MARINERMAGNUM

Well Jonny,I said I would post an image of the Cardinals at my feeder,so here it is. I only wish it could have been better! This was with a point and shoot,thru a window,with NO light. Before I tweeked in P.S. the birds all looked black. It looks like there is about a dozen or so feeding,which is normal for the morning.

It would have been better if it weren't for the "welfare" sparrows. However,there is 2 white throated sparrows in this image-can you pick them out? grin.gifgrin.gif

Like I said,we kinda take Cardinals for granted around here!

cards.jpg

Quote:

I have never seen such a flock of cardinals in my life, MM. Do you live near a river? I've been told that is the best place for attracting these cool birds.

We are in a good spot since we moved to the sticks. A waterway with a creek and plenty of grain fields around. Down the road about 300 yards is another very large creek-about like a small river,and plenty of timber. We catch alot of birds coming and going.

That photo is representative of the average,this afternoon at 4pm I counted 32 seperate Male and Female Cardinals at the feeder and on the ground at one time. That's our new record so far.

Buzz: Great shots!

I could only stand the cold long enough to get these 2 shots. I know 5 degrees is nuttin' for the Minny folk,but I was ready to climb in bed and snuggle with anything that had a pulse.

grin.gif

iowildmcard.jpg

iowildfcard.jpg