• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey BW Eddy stop feeding the cougars

I heard on the news you got a cougar in your kneck of the woods. The only thing I can think of is that you keep feeding it fish!!! Becarful at night if you leave your fish on the ice. I would hate to read about you in the paper.LOL

I have a 13' E-Glass surf rod spooled with #200 Whiplash on a Penn 600E, that may slow her down, some?

I should be able to cast a #2 Goldeye about.....Oh....maybe..250 yards?

What do you think, a jerk bait style retrieve will do it?

I have a hunch, I just may need a new landing net after this one?

No, I don't plan to lip her either!

grin.gif

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 02-07-2003).]

I've had to run down Tarpon. But this would be an interesting "fish" to rundown. Good luck to ya. Also don't think Catch and Release would be to fun either. Might be a little cranky.

Cougar is now over by Kent MN. A farmer said he thinks the cougar may have got his two german shepards. Dogs haven't been seen for a couple days now.DNR says there may be a pair of cougars in Wilkin county. Sounds like folks around there better bring there dogs in at night....

I have been ice fishing in that region, but still not kitty.

{Sigh}...Well....better luck tomorrow night, maybe.

I have to admit, I was looking around a bit more tonight then I usually do.

Looking for big peepers in the trees, stuff like that, kinda jumpy.

My lid blew off my bucket and rolled across the ice behind me, I about $hit my pants, then it was time to call it a night.

grin.gif

Yeah, tough to be in cougar country. As predators go, they're pretty dumb by our standards, a bundle of instincts. I'd rather trust a wolf to leave me alone than a cougar. There's a long list of cougar attacks on joggers, hikers, etc., where COs and biologists figure the cat might have thought the person was a deer.

At least if a wolf jumps you, you know it knows you're a person.

Not to make you even more jumpy, or anything. grin.gif