• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camera flash question

Hi gang. I know nothing about cameras.

Mrs. Boilerguy has a Canon Power Shot S110 Digital Elph point and shoot. It's about 5 years old. It wouldn't take pitures. So, being the kind of guy I am I brought it into work and took it apart. (It's already broke I figured)I cleaned everything up and put it back together. Now, it takes pictures if the light is real bright. The flash will not work, ever. The battery is charged, but it is 5 years old. Is it possible that the battery, even though it's charged, is to weak due to age to activate the flash?

Batteries for this bad boy are like 50 bucks a pop. I hate to drop that kind of coin on a whim. It would be cool if that's the problem, tho. I just don't know enough about these things to, in a nutshell, have a clue about what to do.

Any other thoughts????

Heck ya!! Thanks for the tip.

Plus shipping I just dropped 15 whole dollars for a battery. Really appreciate the info on that one. Like ya said, it's a cheap way to find out.

On a side note, Santa delivered Mrs Boilerguy a Cannon Elph SD 750 this morning. If the battery thing for the other one is the problem I just inherited a fishing camera. I'm pretty sure I won't even be asking the Mrs if I can take her new one in the ice.