• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

yamaha phazer

brassman

I'm thinking about getting one considering the amount of snow near the lake, anybody have one? good, bad, ugly? I do not want people tofight over brands though. Just the Yamaha phazer (any of the phazer models) don't try and tell me an A.C. or P is better.

the new style phazers? handle GREAT, better than any other sled out there. yeah cat and ski-don't boys, i said it. however,underpowered. the triple four stroke wouldn't sell me, and i'm die-hard blue.

Quote:

the new style phazers? handle GREAT, better than any other sled out there. yeah cat and ski-don't boys, i said it, however,underpowered. The triple four stroke wouldn't sell me, and i'm die-hard blue.

Thats kind of a contradictory statement isn't it?

Great handling isn't just ride quality, (Which in itself is an arbitrary opinion based on each riders preference) its performance too!

If it is indeed "underpowered" tells me that the handling is lacking in the performance end of it.

underpowered in the sense that with all of todays technology, 90 ponies is a bit lacking. maybe for myself, but not a beginner. had a chance to ride one last winter on some trails and ditches. left the viper in the shed for the day, as i was riding with the guys i normally ride with. couldn't win a drag race, but wasn't a one of them could touch it in the trails and ditch banging, as that is what it was bred for. now drop their genesis II extreme four stroke in there, and i'd be interested. 150 hp, yeah, better than 85-90, was the UNDERPOWERED point i was tring to make.

i'm guessing that is why a new phazer is half the price of a nytro or apex. just the motor divides the two.

Quote:

I'm thinking about getting one considering the amount of snow near the lake, anybody have one? good, bad, ugly? I do not want people tofight over brands though. Just the Yamaha phazer (any of the phazer models) don't try and tell me an A.C. or P is better.

The Phazer is a little kid's sled for putzing around. I dont feel its a trail sled at all. Way too slow. Many design flaws IMO, the snow and ice build up on them is rediculous. Just look at one in a bar parking lot.

Does it handle bumps and whoops better than a rev, IQ or f-chassis sled at high speeds? Absolutely not. Go with a NYTRO if you want Yamaha version of an adult's sled.

Have I ridden a Phazer? YES. Across a lake (2 miles behind everyone else cause I couldnt keep up) and in Michigan's typical 4 foot trail mogals.

I am talking about the new 2007-08 models and I'm not a trail rider in any way shape or form, this sled would be to get me to my fishing spot to my shed hunting spots and to putz around not go 70mph across a lake or go 100 miles in one day. Like four wheeling, I mostly use it for transportation, my four year old atv has less than 700 miles on it. Most of that is plowing snow too or going to and from tree stands, The more I think about it I would like to get tracks for my wheeler, that way I can have a very versitile machine.

Then you're good to go we thought maybe you were talking about the original Phazer which had the POGO Stick front shocks which made it nearly impossible to keep up with any type of independent front suspenion machine you could always tell who those riders were at the end of a long day on the trails those guys were always the first to bed.... grin.gif

Yamaha Phazer Models Recalled

Steering system problem could cause a loss of control.

Snow Goer

October 18, 2007

Yamaha recalled about 5,700 Phazer machines Wednesday due to a problem with the steering system. Owners are advised to stop using their machines until a free repair is performed.

Snow and ice might collect around the steering idler arm, which could cause drivers to lose control. No accidents or injuries have been reported as a result of the problem.

Machines affected are the 2007 Phazer, Phazer FX, Phazer GT, Phazer Mountain Lite and Venture Lite.

Registered owners have been notified by mail about the recall and are advised to schedule a repair with their Yamaha snowmobile dealer.

post-6567-1165753124.jpg

Sorry, but the Phazer goes through the powder like a truck load of cement blocks

Another problem has been over heating

Can't recommend it

I have one and love it!! You can do what ever you think you want. In Minnesota the seed limet is 50 not 500 for some of you. No it does about 85 and I'm 300lbs. I have left many 600-700-800 cc machines in the dust in the bumps. Stand up and bump through them it's like they aren't even there. I also have much larger sleds and love to ride them too. As to say it's a childs sled I really wounder how long and how many sleds some of you have riden. Don't take me wrong on some of those coments but I have driven most every new sled and that Phazer holds it's own. 15-18 mpg 85mph any time you want it, the power will pull just as hard at 20 as it does at 50, and lets see how many mpg any 2-stroke 500 thru the big boys get, maybe even 400 for that matter. For the money, performance, ride and every thing else you will like it. If you want to go way faster but the Nitro or something bigger but the price goes up too.