• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

arrow rest question

spivak

Twice since the cold weather hunting has started I've tried to draw on a deer and I've had my whisker bisquit do the chalk on chalkboard squeak. Very disapointing given the latenesss of the season, freeze-out in the stand, and the very few chances I've had as of late. Everything is noisier in the cold--lots of equipment squeaks that just weren't there when it was warmer. I've looked at some of the drop away arrow rests but not sure which way to go. I know the whisker is hard on vanes and is noisier, but I sure like the way my arrow is held and never slips off. I am leary of the drop aways due to cost and arrow not being held securely. Any advice would be appreciated. Anyway to quiet the bisquit?

I have the Rip cord arrow rest. It comes up while drawing or it can be locked in the up position. It has an arm that goes over the top when its up so the arrow cannot come off the rest.

There are probably 4-5 other rest out there that have some sort of containment feature. I liked the Ripcord because it can be locked upright.

Yes the cost can be a factor, but its not so much of a risk anymore. The bugs are pretty much worked out of these rests and they perform great. You'd be amazed at the difference a DA rest makes in your accuracy. Sell your WB and get the DA. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Quote:

Sell your WB and get the DA. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

I will agree with Powerstroke, the DA rests are the best things out there when it comes to arrow rests. I have a Drop Zone on my bow and love it but it doesn't hold the arrow on the rest for you. If all goes as planned I will be buying the new Mathews DXT this year and it will have the Rip Cord on it just for the reasons that you mentioned. shocked.gif

I will first need to get the ok from family member number one. grin.gif

Quote:

I will first need to get the ok from family member number one.
grin.gif

I hear that. I really needed a new rest this year, but I didn't want to go cheap. I wanted something that I could put on this bow and shoot well as well as something I cna put on a new bow next year. I've been shooting the same 8ys old bow for the last 3 years when I bought it used. I've gotten the preliminary OK, to buy a new bow this year. I will be putting the Ripcord from my old bow onto my new bow.

Agreed on the Rip Cord. IMO the best rest available today.

The acuracy achieved with todays drop aways are amazing. You can shoot some of the new radical vanes so popular today (blazer, quick spin) with no concerns over clearance problems.

I had the exact thing happen to my and th biskit, came off the next day. I've heard good things about the ripcord, but me myself love the Trophey Taker shakey Hunter, the best rest I have owned. If you do not have any type of containment system on your drop away, just practice practice practice (like you should anyway) and the fear of your arrow falling off will be gone.

ripcord all the way. i had a WB not anymore. put some mole skin on, and under it, i also glued a string leech under it so the plastic arms hit the softer rubber and not the aluminum riser, makes a huge sound difference, go for it u wont be dissapointed

The "fear of the arrow falling off is not so much about practicing your draw. I prefer to hold my bow on my lap while I'm sitting in the stand. With the containment style rest I can lock the rest in the up position, and the arrow cannot fall out and its already up when I need to draw.

If you like the trophy taker they have a new drop-away called the FC. It is also a full containment rest, but it doesn't lock upright. I really wanted to buy the trophy taker, but when I found out you couldn't lock it up, I went for the ripcord.