• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summer mudders?

Dozer

you dont need to show me anything, the last can-am I rode with got hauled back to the trailer on a bob-cat forklift. You know why....bent frame. This was the 2nd time his frame bent after getting a new one because the same thing happend to the first.

also I didnt say penland quit kawi I said they all left for $$$.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

you dont need to show me anything, the last can-am I rode with got hauled back to the trailer on a bob-cat forklift. You know why....bent frame. This was the 2nd time his frame bent after getting a new one because the same thing happend to the first.

also I didnt say penland quit kawi I said they all left for $$$.

hahaah what did you do?

Racing is a business and money is what drives business and penland is just an employee, every employee will go work for the company that is going to pay them the most! I cant see how an outy can be good in the rocks. My old man has a 400 outy and Im not impressed. That visco lock sucks! Everytime you get traction on 4 wheels it unlocks, then when you loose traction on one wheel it sits and spins till it locks up again. It only spins a turn or two but still, I not a fan. You wat to talk about skids Kodiak?!! Come take a look at mine! Im on my second set sice I ripped off the center and rear ones last summer in HoleyOak! This set already looks like dump.

Quote:

You wat to talk about skids Kodiak?!! Come take a look at mine! Im on my second set sice I ripped off the center and rear ones last summer in HoleyOak! This set already looks like
dump

i am not talking about your cheap plastic skids, no way you can rip off a ricochet.

a 400ho is no way near a good barometer to judge a 800ho. You have to know how to use the viscoloc to get the full potential, i admit it is not as good as a traditional lock system but it is a lock non the less and a loc is better than no lock.

you have to keep on the gas for the visco to stay engaged, if you let off you will lose the lock. It takes a little getting used to but once you have it down it is great. I perfer the yamaha locks myself and the kawi lever isnt bad either.

If you where a real offroader you wouldnt have plastic skids still on your wheeler, your just asking for it, and why would you replace them with more plastic?!?! this is just dumb.

I know my stuff so if you want to debate, bring it on. BTW what quad do you own? Where do you ride in the summer i have to see this!!

Quote:

Quote:

You wat to talk about skids Kodiak?!! Come take a look at mine! Im on my second set sice I ripped off the center and rear ones last summer in HoleyOak! This set already looks like
dump

i am not talking about your cheap plastic skids, no way you can rip off a ricochet.

a 400ho is no way near a good barometer to judge a 800ho. You have to know how to use the viscoloc to get the full potential, i admit it is not as good as a traditional lock system but it is a lock non the less and a loc is better than no lock.

you have to keep on the gas for the visco to stay engaged, if you let off you will lose the lock. It takes a little getting used to but once you have it down it is great. I perfer the yamaha locks myself and the kawi lever isnt bad either.

If you where a real offroader you wouldnt have plastic skids still on your wheeler, your just asking for it, and why would you replace them with more plastic?!?! this is just dumb.

I know my stuff so if you want to debate, bring it on. BTW what quad do you own? Where do you ride in the summer i have to see this!!

Glad to see you or someone edited your post. You talk about attitude from other posters comments, what would you consider yours?

Why don't everybody take a chill pill it's getting deep in here.

I agree with something fishy this is getting a little out of hand. I started this post looking for some people to ride with next summer not looking for who has the best machine what people think is the best machine. They all have good points and bad. I have an 05 660 grizzly that I like but am not going to say it is the best. I would love to get a ride going next summer and check out everyones machines. Its pretty easy to type about how great this is or that is but its anouther thing altogether to take it out in the field and ride. "Talk is cheap and whisky costs money" Dont those alum ricocht skids dent when you bounce them off the rocks?

Quote:

I started this post looking for some people to ride with next summer not looking for who has the best machine what people think is the best machine. They all have good points and bad.

My machine is the best wink.gif But that is only because I own it. In all seriousness though I think we can all agree that every manufacturers machines have their pro's and con's. To me the Polaris has an awesome ride and plenty of power, it also fits my riding style most of the time. The thing I don't like is the radiator/winch location, it is very easy to muddy up the radiator without getting in the extreme mud all it takes is a soggy trail. I stuck with Polaris as I do like my track system. They all have problems from time to time, sooner or later everybody gets towed out at the end of rope. tongue.gif

I look forward to getting out and riding with some FM'ers as I missed both rides last year.

Dozer, there will be rides coming in the late spring I'm sure. I am thinking of an early spring ride before the snow goes away. Maybe this is a possibility for everyone.

As far as the machines, they are only as good as the rider, and I'll be the first to admit that I am not the best rider here. I was out-ridden by a Rincon in certain situations!! wink.giftongue.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

As far as the machines, they are only as good as the rider, and I'll be the first to admit that I am not the
best
rider here. I was out-ridden by a
Rincon
in certain situations!!
wink.giftongue.gifgrin.gif

I knew this was coming eventually. But I might add by someone 12 years your senior. RFLMAO grin.gifwink.gifcool.gif

I gotta admit though Roofer, If I needed anyone to pull my arse out of a bad situation, I'd prefer it be you. I just hope that day never comes.

I am thinking of a South Dakota trip sometime this summer before SD does the same to their trails like MN did by shutting most of them down. If SD is out of the question, then it will be on to Silver Bay.

Roofer had a great video posted a while back of his ride up there which convinced me that it is a must ride area.

Our first "official" FM ride was at Nemadji on August 18th. I remember that date now because it was the wife's B-day.

I was reading into trail closures on the MN DNR HSOforum and there is conflicting information about Nemadji. The most recent update says that Nemadji is still open to OHV traffic where it is signed open. There was a poster on the Connection that was planning a trip up there which sounds like a blast in the snow. But I don't know that there is anyone in the DNR office to call on a Saturday morning to verify what portions of the trail are open. I would be game to go on Tuesday if we had some good trails to ride.

We could almost start a new thread now for a Spring ride to get everyone here together.

I'm game for anywhere. Was supposed to go to Oklahoma over this week, but had family time, blah blah. I also missed a good trip to Wisconsin last year because of being tied up.

Silver Bay was great, but it is a good drive up there. For the parade I'm sure the trails will be packed, it wouldn't even be worth riding.

If we aren't bombarded with snow too much, a March or April ride would be fun. Trails normally open In April, right? What about SD? What part of SD could a group ride?

I took a short ride yesterday and the snow around here is perfect depth. A few degrees warmer and some legal trails, it would be a great ride, right now.

Ya roofer most of the trails say they open on april 1st or 15th but most of the time they really dont, they keep them closed when the frost is coming out. We drove all the way up to nemaji last spring to find out it was closed. I assume you are talking silver bay WI? Never been there Ive heard alot of people go there and it sounds fun. There are a couple state forests open now Spider except for Sno Way 1, Nemaji and Chengwatana, at least thats what the DNR site says. I dont know when I could make it out though geting married on the 12th so pretty busy at the moment. Between the Cristmas and the Wedding Ive had about enough "family time" HaHa grin.gif

Quote:

I dont know when I could make it out though geting married on the 12th so pretty busy at the moment.
grin.gif

Do I hear Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" in the background? grin.gif

Congrats Dozer!!

The Silver Bay that we're talking about is on the north shore in MN. The trail is the Moose Walk and I think the Red Dot is up there also (not to be confused with Red Top).

I would call on Monday to see which trails are open for sure in Nemadji. I tried this a.m., but it's a DNR number so no one is around.

Thanks LEP7MM!

I just looked a the web site and it says there is some logging going on and only marked trails are open. Ok Silver bay Mn, I dont know what I was thinking about in WI.

the site mentioned there was logging activity in August when we were up there but we didn't see any logging trucks. I'll see what's open for trails on Monday and possibly make a journey to Nemadji on Tuesday. I'll post my intentions when I know more. grin.gif

Congrats Dozer, I just bit the bullet a few months ago.

Lep, I'm having a small new years party if you wanna stop by if you head up north. Your ATV and yourself are welcome to my heated barn. smile.gif

Any thoughts for the "big warm up" in January that we are supposed to get. Riding is great if it's nice and sunny with some snow.

Thanks for the invite Roofer. We've already accepted an invite to some friends who throw an annual New Year's Eve party/wild game feed.

On a side note, I'm not sure if we're going to have much time Monday anyhow. I test drove a new GMC tonight and the itch is almost unbearable after the wife got a new G6 for X-Mas.

As you know Roofer, I have a set of the Revo's like you had on your truck. Now that I have worn them down to half tread, they're starting to undercut the treads like your's were. I liked the tires new, but as they wear on, not so much anymore.

The Mrs. and I are heading back to Mankato this a.m. and we're stopping by the lot in St. Peter where she got her G6 and my parents bought a new Enclave a couple months back. I'm thinking that we can work a deal with over $60k in vehicles puchased by my family from this dealership recently.

I might bite the bullet and wait until after January 2nd. The truck I'm looking at is an '07, so there might be a couple more incentives offered to move these vehicles off the lot. grin.gifgrin.gif