• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Spearing ""GET---TO---GATOR"" Feb 3rd ""Updated""

bassNspear

My brother and I speared Big Lake today we tried out near the center, off the point, in 9 ~ 11 feet of water. The water clarity is awesome. We could see little perch and sunnies on the bottom with out a problem. The only problem today was we sat out there all day (moving once) and didn't see a northern. I will tell you this though; there are some BIG bass in that lake. We saw several of those. One that I was sure was a northern as he peeked his head in to the hole then as he came in more I saw that it was darn big bass. I spoke with several people out there today and no one was having luck at getting the fish to bite and they said that not much was moving. One spearer got 2 in the morning and went home but they were small ones (good eaters though). He was set up closer to the shore. I will say we should not go where we were today. The pizza delivery guy recommended the channel between the lakes for northern he said he catches northerns there in the summer. Another guy closer to the shore saw a few northern on his underwater cam but they would not bite.

I will post pics of the water clarity in a bit.

I wish I had better news to report

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice pics merkman and my buddy said that the east side of the lake has been pretty good for stabbin some pike and the channel is also an awsome spot and along the north shore along the weed line. see ya tomarrow

BassnSpear I will be bringing two or three live decoys with if anyone needs one.

Elwood, can you get 2 for me. My brother is going to need one as well. We can get you some money for them as well. Please respond back.

Also, Merkman, you need to get a saw man. that hole you cut is not looking good at all. you need to work on that.

Im jacked for tommorrow. Ill check up one more time tonight about 11pm. Otherwise, see you in the morning

Originally Posted By: merkman
The pizza delivery guy recommended the channel between the lakes for northern he said he catches northerns there in the summer. Another guy closer to the shore saw a few northern on his underwater cam but they would not bite.

I will post pics of the water clarity in a bit.

I wish I had better news to report

When all else fails ask the pizza delivery guy!!! LOLOLOL \:\)grin.gif

Can anyone see this image?

http://geocities.yahoo.com/webcam/public/[email protected]

I can see it localy but I can't seem to see it over the net.

Let me know if you can see it.

I had 6 XL suckers and 6 XXL suckers on Friday. Anout 4 or 5 died on me today I don't know what I will have left tomorrow but I should have one or two extra.

yes we will be there about 7am at the landing, Not sure where we are going to set up, but im sure there is going to be a few places to go tommorrow. I know what im thinking, thats forsure.

Thanks for pickin up the decoys, ill have Central Pay you back.

I was by there at 12:30 after I got off work, saw the group having lunch by the Flag. Would have came ot there but didn't have have my gear and I would have wanted to set up to see what was in there. I only see one fish in the pics. hope you guys did better than that. Have seen nice fish come from that bar you were on.

Well as you all may know, we went to BIg Lake today for the 1st Annual Get-To-Gator. The lake itself holds some great pike in it, from smaller to bigger fish as well. We as a group, didnt get anything very big. I believe the biggest fish that we got was just under 30 inchs. It was great to meet all the new faces and hang out with the FMer's.

Highlight of the day, was Huey getting out again with us as a newbie in the sport. He has learned alot of new things when it comes to the sport of spearing. Today, he speared his first ever through the spear hole. I was talking to him when we were eating lunch at 12:00 by merkmans house, he comment was "After i speared it, i went outside to take it off the spear, and then looked around and said...YES" By the look in his eyes, he was hooked. Also, merkman's brother speared his first fish as well. He was pretty excited.

All in all it was a great day on the hard water. The best part of the day, was meeting new people, others showing others different ways they do it when it comes to spearing, but most of all, merkmans catfish at 12:00.

We will be planning this again next year. Thanks to the guys that came, it was a great time hanging out. Ill get them pictures up here shorty as soon as i get them from merkman.

merc pics turned out really great and I will try to get mine on tonight or tomarrow. the fish fry was great,I had a really good time and hope that we can get to gator again . I stayed untill about 3pm and didnt see another fish the one I got was 27.5 inches and it had two sunnies in its belly.

BassnSpear sorry that I didnt get your post on the decoy's you needed next year there on me.