• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cold weather deer movement

Slow Jigger

Planning on hitting the blind on saturday but saw the temps are going to be down near or below ZERO!

I am hoping to let an arrow fly this weekend so my question is do deer move more during really cold temps? I have seen bucks in person (spike - Midday) and on camrea (6-8 point) the last week or so.

At this point I will take a doe or buck, just want my first bow deer under my belt!!!

I have my blind set up over 3/4 acre of corn, I was going to take the bow but I think that I will take the mz instead, don't want to try and shot the stick and string dressed as the Michelin man laugh.giflaugh.gif With the moon being null this weekend I would assume that they are going to move more after the sun rises and it starts to warm, they will probably not move much from the food source.

Might need a bigger belt or have to slice it thin...

Personally I couldn't imagine putting a deer under my belt. Sorry it's Friday afternoon, I couldn't help myself.

They'll move to food, but they won't move very far most of the time. Find the "hot" food, sit close, & get there as early in the afternoon as you can stand it temp wise. If you can't get there early find a spot you can stalk up to, where you could possibly get in range after seeing deer already there. Secluded fields or ones with wooded fencerows nearby would be examples.

That joke is funny even on Monday!

My wife killed my plans by getting sick and I had to run both kids to hockey. Did get out to check the camera but no pictures of any deer, so I saved myself from freezing....

I might go out to the "other" blind and do some scouting.