• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pricing used sleds

B@ssmaster

Didn't know if that was allowed, but here goes:

’99 FormulaZ with 3600 miles. 500 liquid with RAVE valves. It's pretty clean but there are spots of rust on the suspension parts. There are a couple of stud pullouts, it was over studded when I got it so I took it down to about 96. It starts easily and runs fine. $1400

He's got a pic as well, no damage from what I can tell.

the prices don't exactly reflect market price, but kelly blue book has used values on sleds. You can at least reference it for a starting point. Otherwise check out the classifieds and price it based on similar sleds/age.

Well, I'm not much of a Doo person but to me that sounds like a pretty good deal. I watched a couple ZL500's go on auction this fall, both went for well over $2000 and I believe they were either '99 or 2000 models both had electric start and reverse but were rusty on the steel metal parts and not to mention were not in the best shape cosmeticaly either.

Maybe some Ski Doo riders will chime in and give you a better idea.

Mike

"Market value" is what it's all about and that's a loose term these days. The supply is much higher than the demand on used sleds. The blue books are worth taking a look at but don't rely on those values. I like the idea of asking people on here for their opinion.