• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Post your beautiful snow pics here!

Well, I've got a LOT of shoveling to do before I can get out with the cameras. But I expect a bunch of you will be out there having a blast camera-wise, so let's start a thread to post those pics in.

Looks like 10 inches of new snow in our yard from yesterday until right now. NWS says 2-4 more could fall this morning, but the radar is pretty clear and it's not snowing now. We'll see.

Boo for people like me without snowblowers! frown.gif

Yeah! for snowmobilers. grin.gif

Boo! for ice. frown.gif

Yeah! for photographers! grin.gif

I'll post one from last New Year's day, and then I'm off to break my back and have a heart attack with the shovel. If I survive all that, I'll go shooting.

Enjoy and share. grin.gifgrin.gif

moon-tree.jpg

The Mrs.and I got up early and cleared the snows!.all done ...Like Steve,about 10" or so......I popped a couple ibuprophen to kill the pain from shoveling ...I'm no spring chicken grin.gif....no pics yet though! ...not able to leave to go take pics as the city of Hibbing hasn't plowed the streets near my home yet...could I guess if I use 4 wd tongue.gif....Only clear area of snow is my area grin.gif

You know guys, snowblowers cost less than a decent camera or lens. smirk.gif Actually, I just got my first snowblower 3 years ago, when I turned 50. I just decided I'm getting too old for this physical labor.

I feel bad though. We got only about 4 or 5 inches of this stuff. Actually, it wouldn't bother me if we never got any snow. I can't find one good thing about it. I'm not into scenics, so don't expect any photos from me today. Maybe if I lived in more of a scenic are.... frown.gif

Not getting any pics from me today! shocked.gif...snow kicked my butt!. shocked.gif...I'm staying inside with a good cuppo... added note:....listening to the scanner,neighbor a couple blocks away just had a heart attack from shoveling/snowblowing...the EMT's just got done giving him the "paddle" 3 times shocked.gif...and 2 shots of atropine!...hope the guy makes it...geesh...be careful shoveling that snow and take a break!

I'm going to try to get out and get some images. A dark, gloomy day, though the snow has indeed finished. Worst part of the whole storm was that I forgot to move my pop-up blind into the garage and the snow was heavy enough that it tore off most of the roof. So that's a dead soldier, and so is my backyard feeder shooting. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Gotta try to muster some energy. Just got done shoveling that 10 inches off the 65-foot driveway (12 FW at narrowest, 25 FW at widest) as well as the other parking area where two vehicles park, as well as all the heavy stuff the city plow pushed in.

No heart attack.

Yet. grin.gif

No pictures.

Yet. grin.gif

Geesh Steve! shocked.gif...Go take a break grin.gif....I felt my heart pounding in my chest at 6 this morning! shocked.gif.......I feel that shovel weighs alot more at 59 then ay 25...lol!...the city of Hibbing still hasn't plowed the road in front of my house!....guess all the city workers are gone for the weekend or don't answer the phone when the overtime phonecall rings...I don't blame them...who wants to work Sunday smirk.gif...

Steve, I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck. I'm also sorry to hear about all the shoveling you had to do. Man, that's a lot of snow to move with a shovel. Thank goodness it wasn't wet snow. How about a shot of your driveway, now that it's shoveled clean.

Quote:

A few from my winter MWC collection... taken last February.

Quote:

As a late comer, I'm a bit out of the loop. Where did you get a chance to get those great shots buzzsaw?

Sorry Finn, MWC stands for MN Wildlife Connection, it is located in Sandstone. I have a friend that organizes group shoots and I've participated three times to date.

They do have a HSOforum, I don't think I can post it however... I think if you do a Google search you can come up with it or shoot me an e-mail via my link and I'll send it your way. FYI... it will cost you on the low end $275.00 per shoot and it can ramp up quite quickly from there if you start having Lee throw in other animals. It's a great way to get shots you can spend a lifetime trying to get, but most likely won't get. Other good options are Yellowstone, the Tetons, Glacier NP etc....

Thanks, everybody, for taking up the slack. I did get out and shoot this afternoon but don't much like what I got. Maybe it's one of those things where I'll just back up the images and a year from now will be sorting through old work and Mrs. Catfish will be looking over my shoulder and will say: "Doh! How did you miss THAT one a year ago?"

I'll try again tomorrow. Well, if it doesn't snow a bunch again. grin.gif

I made it to take some shots tonight in the dark, and exteme cold. These shots were taken on the Concordia College Campus.

All shots were taken using a Canon XTI, 17-85 IS USM, Manfroto Tripod with ball head and remote switch.

The hardest part of this at night was the awful light colors put out by the campus lighting.

snowscene.jpg

snowscene2.jpg

snowscene3.jpg

snowscene4.jpg

Dan, that is a great looking Christmas card, it is a cool shot as well.

Paul, welcome to the world of the sports photographer, cycling lights, vapor, sodium, flourescent......I was going to start a thread on shooting Christmas lights and will later but try adjusting your white balance to something other than AWB. Try tungsten or another light source for your white balance and experiment to see what you think looks best. You could always do a custom white balance which is what I would suggest to get better color rendition. Or just accept it for what it is. You can get some cool effects using the light source color to your advantage. Its digital...experiment! grin.gif

DBL, I was a little disgusted with myself when I got home because I did not shoot in Raw, IF I had I could have experimented. I shoot probably 90% in Raw and why I wasn;t last night is beyond me, must have been the frostbite trigger finger. cool.gif