• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Siren/Spooner/Webb Lake Area Ice?

Anyone have a report from somewhere around here on how much ice there is? My uncle who lives in siren said there was about 2 1/2" last weekend and guys were just starting to walk out on smaller lakes in the siren. area... I will try to get another one tomorrow or the next day to see how much ice we have gained!

Later,

Ryan

I can tell you this, we were out Monday near Hayward and there was 2 to 2 1/2 inches, went out again last night (Wednesday) and there was close to 4 inches. It's 9 degrees right now and there's only a dusting of snow on the ice so I'd sya most bays and small lakes should be good to go. I'd still stay off main areas of larger lakes though.

Thanks a lot for the report snooze! i am deciding whether or not i should go to my cabin this weekend cuz i dont want to go if there isnt gonna be ice! keep me posted on this... if you go out tomorrow or something another ice update is always very welcome! Good Luck

Later,

Ryan

really depends on the lake right now... i was on North sand and founf 9-10 inches in by shore and 6 in 35 FOW. there were snowmobiles ripping right down the middle of the lake though. my smaller 300 acre shallow lake had 6-7 inches with lots of snow and slush on top... north sand didnt have much snow and just a few patchy slush spots.

Hope this helps

Ryan

I was out on Middle McKenzie tonight and I found 7 or 8 inches in one spot and 50 feet away there was 4 inches. The slush that was on it seems to be frozen and a lot of the snow has blown off so a few cold nights and most lakes should be good to go.