• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

polaris starting

Big Walleye 58

I know it sounds silly but also try a different battery. I've had one nut buster that turned over just like you describe but also wouldn't start unless I pulled it. Best I can figure there just wasn't enough juice in the battery to get a decent spark while also turning it over. New battery solved it. good luck.

Alright , put in the new battery and sled seems to start fine .Used it this weekend and back to the same problem , turns over just fine with the electric start but won't start. One pull with the rewind and running. Note this is only an intermittent problem that doesn't happen all the time. Anyone with any new ideas?

Since it started fine with the electric starter with a new battery for a while and then eventually quit, maybe that's an indicator that the alternator is not putting enough of a charge back into the battery to both turn it over and provide the spark needed to fire? Not sure if that's a possibility or not? Good luck.

Thank you for the idea but I don't think that is it . It is totally a random problem in that it will do it when the machine is warm or cold ,recently run or not, in the garage or outside . Appears mostly when the engine is cold though . Please keep the ideas coming.

They sell capacitors that trickle charge the battery when not running and keep the battery charged. Works pretty slick. i had the same problem with the wifes sled and put one on and never an issue since. I think it was $60 at the local polaris shop. THey have cheaper ones, but i figured if it kept me from buying a new battery every year it was worth spending a little more.