• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Cat Keys

iffwalleyes

I was going to go start my sled the other day and I discovered that I have some how mis placed my key for my sled. I have an '96 ZRT 600. What I am wondering is are the keys for most Arctic Cats they same or are they cut specifically for each machine? If they are cut specific what do I need to to to replace it short of replacing the entire key way?

I believe artic cat can get you a new key that will work. they only made so many keys back then, so I would think the vin number should get you the key you need. stop at a dealer and I bet they can set you up. if not, I believe some of the old machines would start if you unplug the ignition, or use a by pass plug that may be in your tool kit.

the key from my 88 wildcat has been the same as a 98 and 99 zr 600 also my friends 02 zr 800 was the same. You cant unplug cats and i think its more complicated than a bypass on one. polaris and yamaha unplug ski-doo is the only smart system. it has the key and the dss which is a computer chip made to each machines computer. Cat keys have a letter most cats I've see were A i beleive

Glad i am not the only one that did that Iffy. i have been tearing things up looking for those darn keys for the last 2 days!! Had them on a hook in the basement and i think the 5 year old son decided to play with them at some point. i have a xc700sp and i know i can unplug it but i want keys.

Quote:

Glad i am not the only one that did that Iffy. i have been tearing things up looking for those darn keys for the last 2 days!! Had them on a hook in the basement and i think the 5 year old son decided to play with them at some point. i have a xc700sp and i know i can unplug it but i want keys.

The worst is I swear I remember seeing it somewhere but now that I want it no go confused.gif.

Ya I had this happen once, I think if I remember right there were only three different Cat keys in those years so they can get you a new one. They will probably want to know you actually own this sled though so they aren't giving you one to go steal some other guy's ride...at the joint I got my new key in did.