• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zip Lures

Crappieman

Nice catch exudedude. those things looked pretty sweet. the zip lures do look pretty cool but for most fish i would rather use something else. like a huge spoon for little perch smile.gif
but they do look like they would work for some northerns and muskie. look kinda like a cidica. good fishin, ima eat my walleye tonight maybe.

><Pig>

I guess I dont know... I use a quick motion up maybe a 6"-18" snap up and a slow fall, usually.. Let the fish tell you what is working best. So I guess more like a jigging spoon, if you are going to use the lure just for ice fishing, you can replace the front double with a treble...

Crappies , Whitebass and small Walleyes like em so far this winter. We've been fishing them plain but you can add a minnow head to the lead hook. Deadens the action a bit though. Bugs might be a better option for tipping ?
You can vertical jig them and cast em too on open water.

Crappieman: I caught several nice eyes and Sauger on the zip jigs on LOW. I put just the minnow head on the lure and used it in a swimming motion. They did work for me. Hope you hang some hawgs, Bill

Zip blades work good though I prefer Cicadas. I would suggest tipping the BACK hook on any bladebait myself. Years back I did quite a bit of icefishing on the Red river and those Sonars were the ticket, we tipped them with a salted shiner on each hook, did'nt catch alot out there but the ones we got were BIG!

Fisky