• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

time to clean out the crap!!!!

Bobb-o

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I answered to D-man on this subject. We may need to shut the chat room down if people need to go in posing as other users, me being one of them posed as.

Funny thing happend today. I see someone has also taken my "guardian fish " so seriously, they decided to turn it into their nickname. WOW that was easy for them.
Just so others know.... Who ever that is, he/she is on their own. The Guradian fish goes back 15 years for me. HA HA, it was funny to some and some it made me look like a nut......But guess what... There really is somthing to what I have been saying. I just guess I won't continue to explaine it.
I was also informed that someone came in to a chat using my name. Some what two forms of identity theft.
Ok, well, Im going fishing....... see yah.
CT.

Unfortunatly there is NO way to prove or even detirmine who is who when in the chat room.

That's why there is no real solution other then to close the chat down altogether...Something I and many other members would HATE to see.

Hopefully things straighten out so that we don't have to do what nobody here would like to see happen.

PCG

[This message has been edited by Pro Crappie Guide (edited 01-10-2003).]

It should be for registered users with their IP's on file, that would clean it up quickly enough.

If they continue to abuse it, loose it. There are chat programs available where all who enter can be tracked.

Don't be so sure they can't be tracked know.

Thats not true PCG.. I know of a few other fishing chat rooms that you have to type in a password to get into the chat, and that passowrd only works with your name... I wonder if that would help clean up the problem here? Its an idea? We also have moderators that watch over each board in this message board, they do a wonderfull job, my hat is off to Rick, and all the others for a wonderfull job, maybe we need moderators to work the chat room also?

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

It's a free chatroom. It has no controls.

We have several moderators who will be checking the Chatroom from time to time. If we determine who a false user os or someone who seriously violates policy we will ban them from FM.com for life.

We are also looking at getting a sponsor to pay for controls.

I've never been to the chat room. But I think it should be just like posting on the message boards. You should have to use your user name and password in order to post.