• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First sled for the kids help?

Dahitman44

I don't see why you could not go with a used one....I don't think they would get as abused as a normal trail sled that some 16 year old rode.

Seems I recall seeing a decent amount of them for sale recently....I'll post here if I come across them.

Actually....go to the Minneapolis Craigs List listings and do a search for "120 snowmobile". You should find a few listed there.

I don't have any experience with the 120's though.......I am a few years away from that!

My brother has a 120 Polaris, and its basically the same as a 120 Arctic Cat. I think at that level there just won't be huge differences.

The other thing I have come to realize about them is they hold their value amazingly well. IF you can buy one right, you'll be able to sell it for about the same in a few years when the kids outgrow it...

Thanks for the information, guys.

I was able to talk the local dealer into a pretty sweet deal. If the twins take care of it it is possible to not lose any money. They seem to be going up about $75 per year so I might be in pretty good shape when i need to get rid of it in about three years.

I went with the Green Cat. My wife said it was really cute and the boys would love it. I told her they will love any of them. They won;t even notice the color or brand just ... "Dad, it's a SLED!"

Can't wait to see there faces. Now the tough part will be for ME to wait till Christmas if we get some snow early. wink.gif

The other hard part for me will be that I am a Polaris guy and the kids are starting on a Cat.

Yikes. wink.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif