• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stolen snowmobiles!

trackerbrent

So, I get a call from my wife 8:30 A.M. Saturday morning. She was asking why I had taken the snowmobiles deer hunting. I couldn't figure why whe was asking me that, then I realized they were gone, right out of my side driveway in a nice typical neighborhood. I usually park my work truck in front of the trailer, but I had not the night before. I left for deer hunting at 5:15 A.M. and walked right past where they were, without even noticing they were gone.

I am posting this as a reminder. I had a supposedly indestructable master lock on it, that was so tight there is no way a bolt cutter would have worked. I think they just unbolted the coupler and put a different on and bam they got the machines with the trailer. Everybody that keeps their machines outside use a full coupler lock such as a gorilla lock or use a wheel boot.

This sucks! Homeowners will not cover the machines, only the trailer, which does not make sense for me to claim, with my $1000 deductible. I have liabilty on both sleds that were stolen and only comprehensive on one. So basically I will get money for one minus $500 deductible. I have another kid on the way and can not afford to buy another machine right now. I love snowmobiling and can not see myself without one. I put alot of work in to both of those machines, all time and money lost. Why do people have to do this? Why would these criminals steal my crumby sleds versus the neighbor who has a brand new one sitting on a trailer on the side of his house? Doesn't make sense to me.

Make sure when buying a used trailer or sled that the seller has the cards for the sleds and title for the trailer. That is it, I am done. Just had to get this off my chest. On second thought, forget any type of lock, store everything inside, I never thought it would happen to me!

Was this an enclosed trailer or an open? Its a good idea to always store a sled inside....it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when I see sleds sitting outside in the elements.

Lots of people out there driving by just looking for sleds/atvs sitting outside. And with the meth problem the way it is in the midwest now, I expect theft to get far worse. Its a shame. Maybe karma will catch up to these guys and they'll hit a telephone pole at 80 mph. Or at the very least keep an eye out for the sleds. Many people ride stolen ones around all winter and get busted...it happens alot.

Hey guys. I was waiting a few days to see if these thieves would put them for sale on the internet somewhere, but so far no luck. They are nothing special, but they were mine and I put alot of work in to them. Here goes.

1998 Polaris XC 600

Description:

1. White with blue skid plate

2. 144 studs

3. Black custom fit cover

4. Broken left ski hoop (I had just ordered new one)

5. Around 4000 miles shown on odometer

1995 Ski Doo Fromula MX 470

Description:

1. Yellow with yellow ski skins

2. In excellent condition

3. Tannish loose fitting cover

4. 96 studs

5. Around 2500 miles

2002 Floe 2 place tilt

Description:

1. The aluminum on the tongue below the coupler is broken in due to jack knifing when I was using my old trucks bumper hitch to pull.

2. There was also a support underneath at the rear of trailer that needed rewelding, it was kind of just flopping around.

3. Might have a new coupler on it due to the thieves swapping it out.

4. Instead of S hooks on the chains it had spring loaded D clips

5. Other than that, it looks like everyother 2 place Floe.

My insurance is covering the Polaris and the trailer minus my $500 deductible. Apparantly my snowmobile policy covers the trailer, so that is good. No claims to my homeowners, which is also good. No coverage for the Ski Doo, not good. I will not get even close to what I put in to the machine with my labor and all the parts I threw at it, to get it to where I wanted it.

I look at this as a lesson, not to leave anything outside of garage. I have never had anything stolen from me. Now I know what it feels like. To top it off, now my wife is all paranoid that someone is going to break in to the house and steal things. I try to reassure her, but you guys probably know how that goes.

Thanks for everyone's help keeping an eye out!

I will keep an eye out for your sleds as well, now and this winter.

I heard a armed break in occured in Elk River the other week, read it in the paper.

This aint Kansas any more. I put every thing be hind a 8' high fenced area in my yard. I feel, if it is not seen, they will not bother.

Good luck!

Well, the Coon Rapids police recovered the Polaris and the trailer. smile.gif Ski Doo is still missing. I talked to the detective who is working the case and he said it was a meth head. Suprise, suprise! A patrol car saw a suspicious vehicle parked at the Showplace 16 movie theatre and investigated. There was another snowmobile on the trailer, that was also stolen, and a stolen 4 wheeler in the bed of the truck. The truck had a meth lab inside of it. The registered owner of the truck is a convicated felon, for running a meth lab and dealing. He is out on probation for a felony that was committed less than a year ago. Why does the state let these guys out? The detective does not know where the guy is and says he is facing 12 years plus for violation of probation and new meth charges. He said they probably only get him for possesion of stolen property for stealing my snowmobiles if they find him, plus the meth charges of course.

The Polaris had been ridden as the hood and windshield are cracked, also suspension is full of snow. If anyone sees my Ski Doo, it will not have registration #'s or stickers on it, let me know. Also if anyone is missing a 1990's Indy 500 or 4 wheeler(sport kind) the Coon Rapids Police may have them. The serial #'s were ground out, so they do not know who's they are.

That's the story.

I know it's not everything but at least you got some of your stuff back. Kudos to the CR Police for busting the guy.

These stories really get my goat. I live in a nice CR neighborhood, neighbor had his John Deere lawn tractor on the side of his house overnight. GONE.

They didnt realize there was a brake release on it and dragged it 1/2 block and loaded onto a trailer. You could follow the skid marks.

Im hoping one day there will be an open season on meth heads. Just think of all the time and money we can save the legal system.

Or at the very least, give the person immunity from prosecution if they shoot someone proven to be high on meth in the act of a crime. Its time for texas justice in Minnesota. Knowing you could be legally killed while commiting a crime on someone's property is a huge deterrent.

Im hoping one day there will be an open season on meth heads. Just think of all the time and money we can save the legal system.

Or at the very least, give the person immunity from prosecution if they shoot someone proven to be high on meth in the act of a crime. Its time for texas justice in Minnesota. Knowing you could be legally killed while commiting a crime on someone's property is a huge deterrent.