• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

muzzleloader forum?

troutmaster

Yes Deffinitly. Where are we suppose to post all of our muzzleloading questions and comments. I would deffinilty like to see one soon since I love shooting my muzzloader I would like to talk about it with others!!

I shoot a traditional sidelock muzzleloader (percussion, not flintlock). Pretty sure everyone else here shoots in-lines, and most probably don't use loose black powder (as opposed to Pyrodex or Triple 7), round balls, patches, or maxi-balls. If there are other traditional shooters here, I might be interested in a new forum. But otherwise, meh.

Not a bad idea, I own an in line but have hunted with my dad's sidelock before. There are indeed alot of in's and out's with muzzleloading in regards to loads and bullets and much more. Might be fun to discuss......let's go.

I shoot an inline and perhaps we would need separate traditional and modern topics since I have read many a battle between the two and I really wouldn't want to see that again... If I do go out for rifle season, I'll probably use my ML south of the rifle border...

Enjoy your hunts with the legal weapon of your choice... I hope that doesn't inflame anyone wink.gif

Well I have two smoke poles one side lock in a .54 cal and the newer in line in a .50 cal. Love to shoot both of them. I spend most of my time bow hunting , but I do enjoy hunting with the boom stick as well. Opening day I went North to an area where you could shoot 5 deer, well long story short I seen one deer that someone else shot. As for the second w/e as I live in a shotgun zone ( which I hate using for deer) I took the m/l out and shot a nice 8 just a few miles from my house. I do enjoy talking with other people about black powder and think its a great idea for a m/l forum.

So what do we need to do to get a muzzleloader forum started? I would gladly love to see one going, just need to know how to make it happen. By the way has anyone had any luck as of yet with the deer hunting during muzzy season?

yes that would be great

I just got a muzzleloader last year and it would have been great to have a specific forum to ask questions. Anyways i shot my first deer with it on opener and will continue to use it. They are so fun to shoot.

Now what is the deal with a post like that? Im not even a muzzleloader and seeing posts like that just puts others in a bad mood. This forum is for everyone thats into outdoor sports. One should be welcoming new hunters of every kind. Hunting is a great activity for bringing people and families together, not only that, but the more people that are hunting the stronger our future for hunting looks. You think your the only one that has had there special spots interupted by other hunters? your not. Infact Im sure alot of people that have complained about something like that at one time or another have done it to someone else unknowingly. Thats why they call it public land.

Could not agree more with you Hunter4life. Icepirate, everyone has the right to his/her opinion but lets keep it cool. The forum would be for information for new hunters and also thoses of us to learn new things that we may not know, you know share info, who knows maybe you could learn a thing or two. I am all for it!!