• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ground Blind(pic)

Just got back from the store...picked up a ground blind(Ameristep Doghouse) for those "birdie shots" this winter grin.gif...not sure what I have here but certainly will find out shocked.gif...toss it on the ground ,pops up!...60"x60" by 68" high...folds down into a 24" circle....I got plans for this baby! grin.gif....find a deer kill...plop this thing near it...see what comes by grin.gif...or throw some black oil sunflower seeds in a secluded spot...anticipation grin.gif

doghouse.jpg

I got a pretty decent sale on it ....$49.00....I googled it and saw it as high as $107.00....and everything in between...had pretty good reviews from what I could see...even has a white camo cover available if one uses it in the snow(x-tra of course which I didn't purchase)....we'll certainnly find out shocked.gif... grin.gif

I've got one just like it. Might even be the same model. Looks just like it. I got mine from Cabela's online for $59. Designed for gun and bow hunters, perfect for photographers. Mine sits so my lens is just outside its minimum focus distance from whichever perch I have set up on my tray feeder.

Quote:

it's the taller skinnier version... much like I'd like myself to be more like.
blush.gif

You too, buzzy? You'd think nature photographers would be in great shape with all the time we spend outdoors. Problem is, the best nature shots are taken when a person sits for long periods waiting for the right light or some animal to walk by, and sitting ain't a weight-losing proposition. Guess you could even call me a camera potato. grin.gif

Steve...I saw em at Cabelas for something like 59 bucks...then I figured I'd take a run to L&M supply up here in Hibbing and lo and behold,49 buckos! shocked.gif....I took a ride to Wally World and they had the style that Buzz has for $49.00 also...guess I pondered which of the 2 to purchase and opted for the bigger one...I almost bought the t-pee shaped one(the Outhouse) with the thought that it's only 9 pounds...the one I have(the Doghouse) is 14 pounds...I believe both looked to be very useable...We'll certainly find out grin.gif

Note:...I hope there's a pouch for a can of pringles built in grin.gif