• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Darkhouse Pictures 2007-2008 Season!!!!!

bassNspear

Well as you all know, Myself and Central Bassman were up on Andrusia spearing for 4 days, and we had some great success. We saw a ton of fish each day. Here are some photos from the trip.

twofourwheelersandtrailer.jpg

Had to have 2 hooked up together in front of the trailer because of the sluch.

housewithfourwheeler.jpg

My house with the quad in front. Canvas Craft and Cat 500

006_15A.jpg

Tools for the show.

blackmankato.jpg

Central Bassman's House

fish-in-hole-350.jpg

Smaller Fish Coming to Decoy

fishwithdeocyinhole.jpg

Another fish coming to my decoy. You can see there was a monster tree in the hole. Fish loved it!! blush.gif

smallpikeinhole.jpg

Two fish in the hole.

lakeforkdecoy.jpg

Central's hole.

fishwithwoodreddecoy.jpg

Central's Hole

dadwith13lb.jpg

My old man, 13 lb Pike.

housewithspearanddecoy.jpg

My house, decoy and spear

010_11A.jpg

This picture is of the inside of my house. You can see that the hole is monster, with carpet on the floor. The hole is self, is 50 inches wide, and 40 inches deep.

011_10A.jpg

Outside of the house

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bass-n-Spear Them are some nice pics,they show the struggle you had with the slush but also the rewards of all the work involved in spearing!How deep was that 13 lb when you tagged him? Was he moveing or sitting there eyeballing your decoy?

The 13 lber was spear in 11 feet of water. Right on the edge of the weed line, There was 3 other small northerns in the hole when it came in. It came in real slow from the top of the hole and came right into the center of the hole. It was going after the live decoy but wasn’t moving fast at all. It was an easy throw for that big fish!!!! It was Bass N Spear dad that got it!!!

cool.gif

There was three other northerns in the hole when that one came in?!! That's awsome!!! I've had two in the hole at once a bunch of times and three in the hole a few but never four. That's pretty sweet. Nice pictures also and congrats guys on what sounds like a great trip.

Finally got out spearing today. First spot, nothing in one hour, too boring for me, off to another spot. Got set up, dropped the decoy and within five minutes took two fish around 26 inches. Watched many pike in that class and at one time had 4 pike in at one time. Smallest we saw today was around 24 inches biggest a little over 30. In three hours we possibly saw over 60 pike, tough to tell with that much action how many times you see one fish. Never had a block of five minutes pass without seeing fish. had a perch hanging around the decoy for about a minute, a really nice looking lake dragon snatched him up and was out of the hole in .5 seconds!! Had a bit of a problem with the camera today

Dang fisherking01 looking at the pictures makes me want to take a week off grin.gif and go spearing. Nice fish and seeing lots of fish sure make it an enjoyable day. grin.gifgrin.gif Are you sure the lake dragon didn’t snatch it up in .00000005 confused.gif Need more pictures wink.gif

nice pics!!!

got out this last weekend managed to get a couple northerns. a 28 and a 32. had a huge huge muskie come nose to nose with my chub it just stared at it for couple minutes and slowly swam off! man i wish i had the camera with. put a shiner down and few minutes later he was back and hammered the shiner. after a long fight we got him in. 23 lbs C/R i'll try to get some pics for ya i have to talk to my g/f uncle he's gottem.

Let my son (Taylor on right) and his buddy (Kannen on left) have the opportunity to fish alone for a hour after school today. They had a great time, and got very excited as they missed the big one!! Both figured, after some discussion it musta been about 13 pounds!! ?They each harvested two, 24 & 27 inchers!! [image]1-4-08spearingbuddies.jpg[/image]

Yes, lots of action! That's the way to get a kid hooked. On the other hand, they won't sit still when it slows down. Gives them a bit of practice hitting the fish where they should, got a bit far back on the big ones!! Got the house in 5.5 feet of water. bout 1 foot of ice, that keeps the fish in range for the boys. Honestly I'd rather spear in 4 feet than 10. That way you never need to let go of the spear! They have all day tomorrow to fish, hope they have the patience not to take their fish right away. Brent

Well I got out this afternoon and one upped my personal best again. Sat for a little over an hour without seeing a thing except a few sunnies and then this 8 pounder came in. Didn't realize it was as big as it was until the spear actually hit it.

>

Great pics! Posting a re-do so if you saw these, its not your immagination!

Got the boys out on Saturday for an all day trip. They each took 2 fish in the morning and finished the day with a 28 and 29 incher. Lots of great stories, a day I'm sure they will remember for a long time. >>