• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Missing members

We used to have some other talented members on here and was just wondering what happened to them. I'm referring to Tom Wilson, Buzzsaw, Hobbydog, CarlC and others. It's just like they dropped off the face of the earth. Anyone know what happened to these fellows? confused.gif These guys used to be really active.

I'm not sure myself, but people come and go for a lot of different reasons. Buzz, Tom and hobbydog quit posting at approximately the same time period. Carl has been much more recent. I haven't talked directly to any of those guys in a long time.

I have been wondering the same things. They all were posting up some pretty great images for quite some time. I haven't had a lot of time for getting out to shoot as of late. The little boy is keeping me occupied on the weekends and when I can get out, it is normally in a boat with a fishing rod. I have to get out and get some soon though. I am slacking.

wink.gif Whats up fellas? grin.gif

The thread motivated me... I've honestly been a busy guy with two youngsters at home and appreciate the fact that you guys would come up with this thread... I'm pretty sure Tom and Hobby would feel the same.

I had Tom over at my place earlier in the summer and he is doing well with his horse photog biz.. the man has some seriously nice equipment as well! I spoke with Hobby on e-mail a while back, but nothing recently. Here's a few shots from a few weeks ago up at the MWC in Sandstone ©

87361497.jpg

86602846.jpg

86602821.jpg

Thanks again, guys. smile.gif

Mike, great to have you back, man. grin.gif

And we'll look forward to more photo chatter with you, as well as some more great images like these. I especially like that first one. Great drama with the wolf heading right at the camera and a great example of how their paws are so darn BIG. grin.gif

Minnesota Wildlife Connection in Sandstone, I've made three trips there in the past year and find it to be a valuable resource for getting images otherwise very difficult to obtain. They are captive animals that are transported to free roaming (non caged in) area's. They have "handlers" to keep an eye on the animals. A friend who sets up these workshops go up a day in advance to pick out locations that are photogenic. In this case we are on Kettle falls in Banning State park.