• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shroom id please....

Dan...Nice mushroom image of a "Spotted Coin Cap"....according to my Peterson's field guide.......

"Collybia Maculata"...Pale yellow convex or humped cap,all parts develop reddish brown spots,grows on decaying conifer wood.....here's a recent photo that I took of the same type of shroom grin.gif...the little spots are the give away...

Frame_DSCF8690-2copy.jpg

nice image sled!..sure would be nice if one could eat em!....but...NOT!...things are deadly poisonous..also called "Death Angels"...(Fly Agarics...Amanitas...all the same shroom)....depends on how much is ingested...some people only get sick,some would die....just depends.. grin.gif

Mike Manlove (rest his soul) was in the Forest Service office one time when I stopped in. There was a big poster of "Mushrooms of Minnesota" on the wall and I asked him how many of those you could eat. Without batting and eye he replied "You can eat all of 'em, but some of 'em will kill ya!"