• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A GOOD RANGE FINDER

CC Hurl

Need to be picking myself up one of these. Can I get some feed back on what you guys own and how you like it. I am looking to spend around 100.00 to 150.00.

Need to know things to look for. Pro's and con's type of info.

Please let me know were you bought it also, and hey good luck out there.

So far I have had a good season. No deer yet but some good memories allready.

Thanks

CC HURL

Within your price range the choice is not difficult. The cheapest one on the market starts at around $150. Only one brand offers this price, all others start around $200.

Think about the Nikon 440 Prostaff at this price range. Cabelas has them on sale right now for a bit cheaper than $200.

Small opening to look thru, but the laser shoots through brush and cover a bit better, including through netting on ground blinds if you hunt from them.

Joel

Sounds like I need to up the cost. Ok lets go with 200.00 to 250.00. We just won't tell my wife until affter I buy it. blush.gif What the hell it's my b-day next week anyway.

I was not sure of the cost as I have not ever looked into one.

I finaly have come to the fact that one of these would be nice to have for future hunts.

CC HURL

I'll 2nd the Nikon 440 Prostaff. Get it in green and not camo and save yourself the extra money. I think the green one is about $199. Get it at Cabela's and use the card they have been sending out and you can earn some money back or a gift card. Nikon is really simple to use.

I also purchased a Nikon. Love it. I've used it ranging deer and turkeys under 40yds as well as marking points in the 100-300yd range. I don't hunt those distances, but I like reference points when considering hiking in to areas and knowing how much distance an animal will cover.

Looks like I will buy the 440 Rangefinder. Just printed out info from Cabela's.

One question though, is the Nikon (Team Real Tree Laser 440 Range finder) the same one talked about here?

I like the Camo and might pay the Extra.

Ok Another question laugh.gif will this thing figure angles for you when up in a tree? Sounds like a dumb question , but hey ..Can't say as i have ever seen in one befer...

Thanks for the help on the Range finder, Looking forward to using it for the confidence builder in the one shot we look forward to. wink.gif

CC HURL

I just bought a Leupold RXII for $300 and that has the inclination feature you were talking about. I looked at the Nikon also but it didn't have that feature so I sprang for the more expensive one. I had some left over gift money still unspent so it was mostly guilt free, until my wife sees me using it and asks "what's that?"

Some of the people that I hunt with including myself all have the 440 and they do work great but like you said they do not have the angle factor. I feel that I did miss one deer because of the angle factor. I was on a high ridge and about 18 feet in the tree shooting down to the bottom of the ridge. I can not say for sure but I thing it played a factor. One of my friends bought one with the angle factor and also has the 440 but prefers the angle factor one much better now that he has used them both.