• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

splash gaurd suggestions / advice

goose89

Gonna be putting on a set of splash gaurds (wave wackers or white caps) on my new boat. I'm also having a custom snap-on tarp made for my boat. (Alumacraft 175 T-Pro).

Are they gonna get in each others way?? IE- Am I gonna have to take the splash gaurds off to get the tarp on?? I'm thinking so. If yes, is one brand easier to take off and put back on than the other, or is this a major pain in the arse??? Are there any splash gaurds made to be taken off and back on easily?? OR, can the tarp be make to fit over them, without damaging/ breaking them when snapped tight???

If anyone's got any advice or experience, I'd appreciate it.

I installed Splash guards on my new boat and also use my custom tarp. If you want to dismount the splah guards to be taken off when you tarp it, it would only take a few minutes. I moved my snaps so it all fits . You can make it work but the tarp may not be quite as tight as without. I have traveld down the road with no problem to date.

The splash guards are very good and the price is also fair.

These guards are very simple and fast to take off. Just remove 4 wing nuts and slide out of the rail.

I have White Caps on my Alumacraft Navigator, easy to take off/put on. Two/Three minutes to do. My cover was made to fit without the splashguards on, but I think you can get custom covers designed with splash guards in mind.

With my cover on and my splash guards removed, I gained 2 MPG while towing. That was a nice little suprise.

Anybody ever build their own set of Wave Wackers, or are you better off just buying them? Might be tough to get nice plexiglass like that...some of the stuff I bought one time was really brittle.

It's also tough to beat how easy they are to get on and off these days. Like Harvey Lee said, just slide them right out.

I've only been able to check the MPG once with the cover on, I'm not sure if there was a tail wind or not. Plus, it's a tiller, she's pretty streamlined with the cover on. But after a 200 mile trip, I got 15.5 MPG. I can't complain, I'm curious if further checks will have the same results.

The White Cap guy is located in Shakopee, I just ran over to his place and picked them up after making sure he had the right size. Saved a little on shipping. Super easy to install by myself. He has a HSOforum.

I've got wave wackers and they are great. Easy to get on and off but I leave them on all the time. Great company to work with as well. I've heard good things about white caps as well. Walleye masters also makes splash guards and I believe they cost less than the aforementioned ones.

Both guys have a good product.Both have great service.Had to have one side made for my pro v because i added a electric trolling motor.Brian at white cap made it for me the same day and met me at cabbelas to drop it off.The white caps are made a little cheaper but they are still plenty strong.Burl.

Put the splash guards on first, then take the boat to your canvas guy. If he is any good, he'll be able to build your cover over the guards. For what it is worth, I have wave wackers and they come on and off in about 30seconds.

I have Wave Wackers. I really like them. Plus - I found thier customer service to be excellent and reasonably priced. I had to have one modified for a Vantage and he turned it around in a day the week of 4th of July. You can't beat that!