• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NEW TO THE BOARD

Fritz

Hi to all, I'm new to the board. I get into work early in the morning just to read the new posts and I'm now addicted. I like the rest of you cannot wait to drop the transducer down the hole for the first time and watch it light up. I was sitting in my den last night with my 5 year old son putting new line on the rods and my wife walked in looked at the both of us and just rolled her eyes and walked away. I live in the Annandale area and have many lakes to play on. I hope to be able to add my .02 worth from now on.

Take your kids fishing.

Hey ! Theres nothin wrong with checking it several times a day. I'm doin homework all day at my desk, and its a nice break when I'm about to go nuts. Some people probably say "what does that Bigguns guy do for a living?" Well I'm unemployed for the winter and school work keeps me at home, at least until I get the permenent out and can do it there. There, ya see, I'm not a complete computer jockey

I've been addicted since my birth to this family in January 2000! Almost as long as the site has been in existance!
Keep the info comin' and the fish a flyin'! Welcome aboard guys!

Hey, Welcome aboard!
Looks like we have another addict to the site. smile.gif
I also cant wait to get out onto the ice! grinyes.gif

---------------
FISHSTUNNER

[This message has been edited by fishstunner (edited 11-20-2002).]

Welcome .....We like all newcomers....and sometimes .02 doesn't work you'll need to anti-up haha
I can't wait to check what some of the new posts are....Make it your home page smile.gif

------------------
Fishspicermn

FMWL

What a friendly bunch of guys!!
We'd just as soon slit your throat as say hi if you were taking longer than two minutes to launch your boat, but here at friendly and nice old Fishin MN we're all hugs and handshakes. I'm a relative newcomer myself, but it's nice to be connected with so many "regular guys" who like to fish and all that goes with hanging out on the lakes of MN.
oh, by the way, has the limit on crappies changed at all this year?

Hey big dip:

Never yet felt like slitting someone's throat for taking a long time on the boat ramp, it's those chumps who leave their litter on the ice that steam my pasta. grin.gif

I think FM is a simple matter of emphasis. Sometimes a guy's gotta bitc*, but it's nice to come to a place where folks mostly are about helping and sharing info. I moved to a new city over a year ago, and the people on this forum helped me learn the country far faster than I would have otherwise. cool.gif

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 11-20-2002).]

Dipper:

Huh, have done a decent amount of catting on the R.L.R., but most around East Grand Forks and far more on the Red around G.F. Grew up there. It's tougher to find cats pretty far up the Red Lake over, say, the mid teens. Partly I figure it's because the water's smaller, partly because those lowhead dams keep the cats from moving upstream unless the water's quite high. The farther downstream you go, the better it gets as the water gets bigger. By the time it approaches Lake Winnipeg below the Lockport, Man., dam, several cats over 30 are caught each year and WAY too many to count over 20. Lockport truly is the Mecca of North American channel catfishing. Was there once with a buddy and fishing with a resort owner and a guide, caught lots over 20, one approaching 30, not to mention carp on light spinning gear using sweetened corn, carp that went to 20 lbs.

Man, that's fun.

I'll have to try it up in The Peg sometime. Hey I know what you mean about ice litterbugs. NO EXCUSE. I was fishing a little 60 acre lake south of Trail, MN last winter, had the place all to myself, and I take a buddy there on A sunday afternoon and here a bunch of pigs had been fishing, drinking beers, partying etc, all by the lovely ambiance of a car tire fire. all the dump on the ice - what a mess. Adios for now.