• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spamming from ICE-JIGS USA ???

Valv

I don't know if this is related to FM, but I am receiving dozens of emails from ICE-JIGS USA with an attachment of a jig picture. Apparently many other are receiving it since it has a long list of CC addresses.
Rick, if you know who's behind this company, can you tell them to do not import email addresses from this site and not spam users ? It's getting annoying. It all started this morning. This is definitely not a good advertising strategy.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

It's not coming from here guys and I know nothing about these ice jigs.

We do not spam nor do we condone it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 11-17-2002).]

Its a wonder that these companies can make a buck at all!I will never buy anything from an advertisement that is sent to me without my consent no matter if the product is good or not.It just p's me off!

I received 1 the other day from this guy and 28 this morning. I sent 28 replies saying, "NOT INTERESTED! Please stop sending me emails. One wasn't too bad, I even took a look at it, but when I saw 28 in my box this morning I was [PoorWordUsage]ed, didn't look at one of them.

hawgTime

I got 43 this morning.
Duh???
I sent back one remove request.

I know that Rick had nothing to do with this, but I am taking my email address out of my profile anyway. The only time I get email from anyone is when they have a specific question in a post and I put my email address in my reply to them.

To bad some ******* has to try to ruin it for others.

Was their ANY info on any of the emails beside just a picture? I did not get any out of the 43 that I got.

[Note from Rick: It's not your profile that gets you if you have the Don't show e-mail box checked. What gets you is when you post your e-mail address in the forums. Any simple spider can come in and harvest them off the pages. My advice is Do not post any permanent e-mail address on the board when making a "New Topic" or "Posting a Reply". They can be harvested that way.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 11-18-2002).]

VERY IMPORTANT !!! Do not reply to them.

That's how they know you have an active email address. This is an old trick, and they's sell database of valid and active email addresses to other companies. It might be better to send an email to webmaster@ webtv.net or [email protected] and notify of your disappointment, that' will get attention, besides your reply might get CC back to us again. I assume they had some of these nasty software that retrieves email addresses from web sites or web pages (something that makes a search for any word with the " @ " included).

I agree with D-man, they look like a nice product but just became annoying once I saw 31 of them. Maybe send one e-mail explaining the product and then if interested they can send more.

Good Fishin, Matt.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I highly recommend that you all send an e-mail complaining to:

[email protected]
[email protected],
[email protected], and
[email protected]

Be sure to attach the offending e-mail if you have it. If not, give them as much detail as possible in your complaint. The e-mail address it came from is especially useful.

The more who send a complaint to the above two addresses, the more likely the problem will be resolved.

Please take a second now and fire off a complaint

It's also a good idea to keep asking for a satisfactory answer from them until you receive an answer from a real person addressing your complaint.