• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Freak o' the week!

I've seen some rabbits in the yard with some odd growths, and last night got a some shots of the worst I've seen yet. The growths are semi-rigid as they flop around when it moves, and don't seem to affect it's movement and eating patterns. I watched it for some time and didn't see any unusual rabbit activity due to it that I could tell. Anyone have an idea of what this might be?

mutant2012uu3.jpg

mutant2003dl9.jpg

mutant2018wh9.jpg

mutant2022ef8.jpg

mutant001oz4.jpg

THis last shot is one from about 2 months ago, but it's still prominent.

McGurk,

I've seen that same thing on rabbits in my back yard. What part of Bloomington are you??? "My" rabbits are around 94th & Penn (give or take a block or two). They are freaky!

94th between Nicollet and Portland, and I have seen a few now that I'm looking for them. Sounds like it's harmless to humans; a virus along the lines of warts that have been seen on squirrels and even deer. Maybe its a natural control for overpopulation? confused.gif All I know is the fox population would be spiking if it was out in the country.