• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Road Truckers?

Shack

he stated it would take him 9 trips to get that money back......I wonder if he doesn't get a little help to eleviate the cost from the show or the government if he has to pay a dime of it....

Just watched new episode last night. Had to avoid this thread until I saw it.

I thought TJ going to the ER room was kind of weak. I was waiting for some thing serious. If you are back out in six hour after a media vac and ambulance ride, it was not that major of an issue. I figure a little T.V. drama or T.J. is like my wife (going to ER room for the flu).

I think Hugh runs junk trucks. Well, at least his drivers run junk trucks. I think Drew was leaving South Paw shop to go get gas when he ran out of gas. I mean, come on! I was in the automotive repair field for many years. I would never send a customer right to gas station on fumes. I also would never tell a customer I am going to punch you in the mouth for a quick comment about breaking down after just leaving my shop. I think Drew should have clocked him right then and there. But it does seem Drew is a kind of person who talks allot when he is alone, but clams up when confronted. Hugh will get what is coming to him. You scrape the bottom of the barrel; you get what was at the bottom of the barrel.

I think the only driver that seems like he has a decent head on his shoulders is Alex. He seems pretty easy going and makes money. I think he will win.

I think they said that TJ didn't have health insurance. I don't know how the Canadian health care system works, but maybe you can opt out of paying a health care tax if you wish to not have health insurance. Not sure how it operates, just a hunch.

I've always wondered about how Canadas health care system works so I did some reading online. I found this on wikipedia.

"Canada is unusual in that the government pays for almost 100% of hospital and physician care, but contributes very little in areas such as prescription drug costs, dental care and Emergency Medical Services."

Hugh does run some junk trucks. You would think they would have some kind of saftey standards and inspection to make sure these trucks are road worthy.

Every time I watch this show I think to myself, are truckers weird or does trucking make you weird........

I would say a little of both. grin.gif

I thought last weeks show was weak. Beside alex's run to the gold mines, it was just about being stuck in a snow storm. I think I am thinking of the correct episode?

Shoot! Missed that one.

Got to see the last show the other night. That one was pretty good. This weekend is the last of this season. I think they recap with drivers.

Quote:

Quote:

Whens new season start?

When it get's cold enough for the lakes to freeze again. You know that was coming.

Probably not until this time next year I suppose.

Actually said at end of last episode, COMING SOON- SEASON 2

So, ice road freezes in 6 months + 3 months of filming + 6 months of editing= Coming Soon? I don't think so, more likely instead of them following just those 6 truckers around they followed 12 or more and shot another season at same time if not a 3rd.