• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

i am plannign a family vacation in a couple of years and was looking at this spot. any body ever stay there? how is the lake. starts with an N i don't want to try and spell it smirk.gif

any other ideas would be appreciated. looking for fishing, golf, and something for the ladies and two teenage girls to do too. cool.gif

I believe this resort is on Lake Namekagon. I stayed there many years ago and back then it was a top notch place. There are golf courses nearby one nice one is Telemark. Try your hand at fishing on the lake also there is a good mixed bag of fish like walleye,muskies and smallmouth.

As for the girls they could take a short jaunt over to Hayward and do some shopping at all the gift shops they have to offer.

Yep, what Jar Jar said! The lake is nice and clear so plan your forays early and late in the day. Lakewoods has a topnotch buffet but it has been a few years since I was there as well.

Tunrevir~

Lakewoods is on Lake Namekagon.. Great lake, with an abundance of structure to fish, near shore and off shore. Walleyes are the main target species as well as a trophy musky population. Nice crappies and a few nice 'gills in the lake as well.

The lake will experience an algae bloom, most likely the end of the month or next month. It is semi-stained. And a lot of the fish are weed related when talking shallower stuff. Walleyes can also be found in deeper water on hard to soft bottom transitions.