• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hatfields vs. McCoys....A New Beginning!!!!!!

Dave S

A couple years back while deer hunting, a couple members of our group misdirected me onto some private property (on the line). I know the owner, but didn't know the exact boundry, so I made the almost fatal mistake of taking their word for it. Turns out the owner happened to be 1/4 mile down the line, in an enclosed blind. He happened to notice me and sure enough, here he comes on his ATV with his slug gun across his lap and uncased. The machine wasn't even stopped and he was off the machine reciting his 1001 ways to throw out the F-BOMB. I tried to be civil about it and explained the situation, but he wanted nothing of it. The language is one thing, but what torqued my nuts more than anything was the fact that he was teetering his shotgun up and down, pointed right at me. I did pass the info onto law enforcement, but they chose not to do anything since I had inadvertantly trespassed.

Now, 2 years later, he buys a house a quarter mile away from me, across the road and in the wide open. Last night the wife and I were walking the dogs in the development where he now lives, but away from his house. We were on our way home when he pulls into the street and noticed that it was me walking. So sure enough, being the _________ that he is, here he comes, down my street tonight on his DRZ400 SM (Suzuki Enduro with street tires in it), nice and quiet until he comes back up the hill, then gets on the pipe infront of our house.

I can see this becoming a problem in the future. I'd rather not do anything to provoke him. But if this continues, there will be a white Crown Vic sitting in his driveway.

Drive to wisconsin and get a "100 shot" firework and go light it on his front step while he is sleeping. LOL worked with one neighbor I know.

Some people need to puff up their chest on others, because of their own shortcomings in life. A guy like this has to get what's coming to him. blush.gif

I would ignore him...and hope he goes away.

When you tresspassed (by mistake) and he was mad...even though he was "in the wrong" too, you should have left and forgot about it. Calling him in probably got him harassed, and you just made a bigger enemy. Don't make it even worse....

The only way to end it is to be the bigger man, next time you see him, talk nice to him, offer him a drink, come over for a grill out, ect.... If that doesnt work, then result to heavy artilary grin.gif Im sure I would know the person you are talking about, but I dont need to know for sure.

The ill feeling with this person began years ago between our parents.

As far as turning him in, he was never visited by law enforcement, so he had no idea. I brought it up during a training course while I was talking with the CO.

I'm sure you know who he is. He's in the old Pontiac dealership building down on main street. I try to avoid him at all costs. But it's tough to do when he pursue's the issues himself.

I know of who you are speaking of. To make you feel better, you arent the only one that has had run ins with him. I have hunted across the road from his land, one of our crew shot one on a drive and it ran across the road, fell as it jumped his fence . He was standing at the fence line as we got there, it took over an hour of arguing before one of our guys just grabbed the deer and left. He threatend us also. Sorry he is your neighbor!

he has gone so far as riding his ATV around the perimeter of the woods we're driving. He even lays claim to the deer as being "HIS" deer.

Yeah, he's a real sparkplug.

You'll see the irony in that statement Scott. grin.gif

The run in we had was with the old man, but I know john is just a chip off the old block! As for him riding the atv during hunting hours, I would report him on that. I have some people that mess with me during hunting, this year if they are there I will be contacting a c.o.

tonight wasn't much different. He was out in the development but this time he had a partner out there with him. Both bikes on the pipes and not just on the street, but through other lots that have recently sold, in the grass. I don't think the new owners will like that idea.

Is he doing this just to bother you? If so sounds like you guys built a hell of a relationship together.

I would tell the owners of the land that they torn up the grass in, their license plate numbers and let them call it in for vandalism.

We could always set up an atv ride in the sharon park area and make a new trail heading directly n.w. and see where in comes out grin.gif Atleast I think it would be n.w. smirk.gif

The guy is doing this to get your attention. The worst thing you can do to a jerk like this is to ignore him. He will keep doing it until he thinks that he isn't bothering anyone. It may take a while, but act like it doesn't bother you. I camp in a campground where a certain race of people will get drunk and come into the campground and spin around in circles on the gravel roads. People would come out of their campers and stand there and watch them and wonder what they would do next. The campers decided to stay in their campers and ignore them and they quit doing it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would try ignoring him for a while anyway.

the old man's place would be northwest, but more west.

We live southwest of Sharon Park. I'm not sure he was doing this with the sole intent of bothering me lastnight. But it got the attention of the neighbors who won't hesitate to call the sheriff on him. The bad thing is, all of my neighbors know that I ride, and although John is on a bike, not a quad, it still makes me look bad to the neighbors. Can't believe this guy is 45 and can't show any more respect than this.

Here's an interesting twist to the story.

The wife was in the kitchen doing some baking like a good wife grin.gif and let out with a scream that we had a visitor. I asked who and she replied that it was a strange dog. I ran out knowing that Sammi, my German Shorthair was out, and scoped out the situation. I thought the yellow lab that was in the yard belonged to a different neighbor, but the tags on this one yielded a different name. My first thought was OH shiznit.

So, being the good guy that I am, I loaded the dog up in the Toyota and headed across the way. I got a strange look as I backed up the driveway and hopped out. I told him that I had a visitor and thought I would bring him home.

Then...I promptly left.