• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bandwidth Issues

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

The site was very busy yesterday and the bandwidth warning system didn't kick-in in time for our servers. I've added plenty of bandwidth to prevent this problem.

The good news and bad news is that we're using about 5 GB of bandwidth daily. So, the costs are going up again. I'm purchasing a bit higher bandwidth package early next month and the following month we're going dedicated with all the bells and whistles.

Your support of FishingMinnesota sponsors and use of the Ice Fishing gear offered here is appreciated. It is also what helps us improve service and keeps us here. We thank those of you who support us.

We are working to make things faster and more reliable for the long haul. Please be patient as we slide into these improvements.

Rick,
I am sure we all want to do what we can to keep this site as great as it is so my question is...When we buy products from sponsors through the links on this page do they know we are hearing about their products from this site or should we be telling them this when we order???

When you purchase here, the sponsors know. It also gives us income to pay for all of this.

It's helpful telling those you do outdoor related business with about FishingMinnesota.com...from tackle, to resorts, guides, real estate, ice fishing gear, portables, augers, etc.

If they offer quality products or services we'll take em, no one is excluded.

This is Thee premier fishing site on the net worldwide.

This is also by far thee most addicting web-site for fisherman and outdoor enthusiasts everywhere.

Members are joining daily, and new members significant others are getting more and more frusterated with their spouses every hour.

With all that being said, it proves more and more that Rick and associates are doing an excellent job to keep things running top notch and ensure that we have a great place to visit, and for some of us, live when we're not on the water.

Thanks to Rick and everyone envolved and keep up the excellent work.

PCG

Rick
I was wondering when this problem was going to be addressed. I knew you were working on this! A good site starts out small and grows and there will always be growing pains! The best site on the world wide web.Keep up the good work and TTYL
Wayne “FISH” grin.gif
www.icesaws.com

PS
Thanks for all the orders going from coast to coast plus Alaska off the fishingmn HSOforum. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

------------------
http://www.icesaws.com/

Thanks everyone. It's nice being appreciated. Sometimes when the challenges keep piling on, a few words of encouragement really help. Thank you very much.

I would also like to thank those of you who recently purchased here. It is very helpful. Your support will go a long ways.

A big Thank You goes out to FishingMN Pro Staff and Field Staff as well.

They volunteer to help out and share information here free (they are not paid for this). They are knowledgeable and respected anglers in their own right and do this because of their love of the outdoors. I for one appreciate them being part of the FishingMinnesota.com team.

Let's give all the Pro Staff and Field Staff a big hand smile.gif

Hands down, this site is tops amongst all fishing information sites. I am just happy that most of the information is for lakes in Minnesota. Rick, any plans for expansion into other states or do you already have that intact? Cudos to Rick for providing a superb information technology medium to the fishing community.

Fish On!

Stephen

Rick,I 2nd,3rd etc a big thank you and the pro staff on your site.We die-hard hardwater anglers back East(New England)are envious of the amount of ice fishing opportunities and knowledge you have.We are slowly catching up.
thank you again.

PS:We do have our 20-40lb Stripers in the summer however

I hope that this site continues. I get more useful info and tips here than all the other mags and sites combined.

Most of the people are great and very free with good upto date info on lakes, patterns, baits and etc.

Keep it up!!!

Rick:

Any time you can line up a couple guides as pros to establish some Northwestern Wisconsin categories, I bet there'd be plenty of guys interested.

The BWCA/Duluth site attracts some guys from Superior because we chat about the river and open water fishing as well as ice fishing, which includes the Wisconsin-side bays and inlets. Same thing goes with the Mississippi and St. Croix categories.

But there are tons of great lakes, as I'm sure you know, in NW Wisconsin, including some pretty big water. That includes some traditionally excellent and widely known musky water.

Any plans? grin.gif

------------------
Steve ([email protected])

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 10-31-2002).]

Stfcatfish
If Rick can’t get anything going try this link for the state forums. It looks like it has been pretty slow on there but he needs people to get it going.

http://www.iceleaders.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/forums.cgi?forum=23

Give it a try and let people know about it.
TTYL
“Fish” grin.gif
www.icesaws.com

------------------
http://www.icesaws.com/

Great Job Rick!
I was curious to know how many hits per day the site recieves. I know I am good for 3 or 4.
Has there been any thoughts on a Mankato or Fairibault forum.

Everyone Else,
Don't be shy about buying stuff from this site. I have been very impressed with the service and the products. I am expecting my Angle Eye kits to come today. Now we just need enought ice to use them.

Mike

[This message has been edited by Walleye Pimp (edited 11-01-2002).]

Hey WP,
I thought I'd answered this before, but here goes:

It's taken a jump lately to a little over 10,000 visitors a day.

That's a 25% increase over last year and the bandwidth usage jumped by a litttle over 40%.

I didn't anticipate that big of a jump, that's why we had the bandwidth issue and now I'm anticipating a bigger bandwidth issue in the next 3-4 months.

Obviously, with the expenses going up, we definitely need user and sponsor support.

We intened to keep user usage free. After all, you are the one who purchases sponsor products and services. We do intend to tighten up on non-sponsor products and services. They need to get on board if they want people to be able to talk about their products and services at length.

You can send a message to non-sponsors 2 ways.
1. Call them and ask them to become a sponsor of IceLeaders.com and FishingMinnesota.com.

2. Give Iceleaders/FishingMinnesota Products/Services more consideration than their competitors who don't become sponsors.

I have contacted many of them already. They need to hear from you in one of the 2 ways above to get their attention.

Some think they are too big-(well marketed) and some think there is no benefit to supporting Iceleaders.com/FishingMinnesota.com.

Your combined voices and actions will tell them differently.

Thank YOU!!!
I appreciate all the support you've already shown.

YOU ROCK smile.gif