• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Glow or No Glow

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Posted by Steve 21
Do you guys have any preference for glow or no glow? If you do, what colors of glow? Ice fishing show is coming soon and that means new stuff. Thanks guys.
---<>< >'////><

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 10-30-2002).]

I picked up several different glow jigs and spoons at the show last year.

On clear bodies of water, such as Ottertail, glow did not seem to be as effective as non- glow. In fact, the best day I had on Ottertail last year came with an unpainted lead head jig.

On stained waters such as LOW, the glow stuff worked quite well.

As the year went on, I tended to use the glow stuff less often that I did in the beginning of the year.

For us, last year ice fishing on Upper Red the Glo was what we used 95% of the time and Blackduck Lake was a mix. We pack light for icefishing but carry a mix of things, but it's mostly a mix of glo colors. This year looking forward to trying different colors and types of glo like the angel eye and glo devils..the glo on em are pretty bright! (Won't be long now!)

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

All right I'll try again.
I don't beleive glowing jigs play a significant factor in terms of glow versus non glow. You can think of green glow as light green and red glow as pink. Until I see a scientific study proving that glow makes a difference, I wont recognize glow jigs as anything significant.

I like to ice fish for crappies most of the time and the best times are at sunrise and sunset. During these times I prefer to use glows jigs because of then lowlight underneath the ice. During the day I'll often times use plain colored jigs but glows are used occationally as well. I like Custom Jigs n Spins jig assortments. Two-spots in the green glow are awesome for icing nighttime crappies. I stock my tackle box with atleast $50 of Custom Jigs n Spins tackle every year. System Tackle also has a great glow jig product. Genz Worms, Fatboys, and Pounders all are great jigs. I haven't had a chance to use any Scenic Tackle products yet so I don't have any comments on those jigs.

Bring on the ice, I'm ready to fish!!!

Good Fishin, Matt.

Matt & all you other anglers,

Thanks for all your kind words about our products here at Custom Jigs & Spins. We try very hard to provide the highest quality products for todays " Top Icefisherman".

It's nice to read that you all are having great success with our lures. I am very open to hearing from you guys if you have any suggestions on new lures, new colors, improvements, etc. Some of our best lures came about by suggestions from anglers.

As a side note; Glow DOES matter!! We sell more glow lures then all other colors combined!! That says something.

Tight Lines,

Bob Gillispie
President
Custom Jigs & Spipns Inc.

[Editors Note: Bob, please use the "Contact Us" link about the edit. Also, thanks for the reply. You should consider being a Sponsor here]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 11-09-2002).]

Fishbiz,

Good job with your product. Custom Jigs n Spins has been at the top of my list for the last several years. I use other jigs but always seem to revert back to my favorite. I had a chance to meet Tarry Tuma a few years back, he's a nice guy. He gave me some advice on using the ratso's and shrimpo's with the finesse plastics for bluegills. I used his method the next day out on the ice and caught more then my share of fish. He sure knows his stuff. Keep producing those two-spots, they are a deadly crappie jig anywhere, anytime. I used the toadies (in glow and purple) last year for perch on Devil's Lake and did real well.

Just thought I'd compliment your fine work. Keep it up and thanks.

Good Fishin, Matt.

We call them "snowmen" the way they are shaped, but they are really called "Demons"!
Light them babys up, put on a wax worm and I will out fish anybody using anything else or method! Crappies on Upper Red Lake loved them! And the people with crappie minnows are wondering what they are doing wrong when I pull up all them slabs!!!

------------------
F-STOP