• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Ramps

bpoli2

Going to purchase a set of ATV ramps to load ATV onto pickup. Looking for pro'/con's on different models or what to stay away from. Thanks in advance for any useful information

As far as ramps go, most of the stuff out there is pretty good.

My advice is to get the longest ramps available for your bed size. Anything you can do to cut down on the loading angle is that much safer.

I have a set of tri-fold ramps that I got at Northern a few years ago and I have been very happy. They are 74 inches long, and work well on my 8 foot bed.

I don't have an ATV, but I bought folding ramps at Northern Tool a couple of years ago for my lawn tractor. They are arched,fold in half, and have traction grids. I think they would work great for an ATV.

I like bifolds better than tri-fold because they are faster and less cumbersome to setup and take down and still fold small enough to fit under the ATV between the wheels.

Bob

I got a pair I ordered straight from the manufacturer. They are 1 piece, long and arched and lightweight but are rated for 900lbs per ramp. Once I load the wheeler I flip them over and slide them under the center of the wheeler. No folding which means not getting pinched. I can load and unload faster then any of the guys I ride with. Not that they take really long but every bit counts when I am trying to get 6 different bait sites taken care of during bear season.

If you need to carry more than one then this is nice. [Admin Note: Please Read Forum Policy Before Psoting Again. Thanks]

I have had one for a couple years now and it works great. I do have a 1 ton and would maybe go with a 3/4 ton but no way would I do this on a 1/2 ton. No problems pulling my 30 foot camper behind it as well. Takes a little getting used to going on/off of it but sure is nice. Keeps your bed free to store stuff. Can put one on it no problems as well. That is actually how I usually go.