• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Cam Pics?

Anyone getting their's out? I just retrieved my memory card today and got lots of good pics. Mostly does in the daytime hours around my mineral site but some more interesting ones as well. I have included some below.

Here is a doe and fawn...

doefawn.jpg

Here is the first buck I've capture on film, though I've seen some big tracks...

buck.jpg

And here is a doe giving a buck a hard time. Typical woman. Lol. Don't get upset if there are any ladies out there reading. It's just a joke...

buckdoe.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pistures must be at a HSOforum for hosting pictures. You can't upload to this site directly from your computer. Check out site like photobucket. Thats what I use and have been able to link pics without any problems.

I have posted this in the past, and several people continue to use this recipe. Its cheap and seems to attract animals very effectively.

WHITETAIL DEER HOMEMADE MINERAL MIX RECIPE

Ingredients: Makes 200 lbs. for about $23.00

1 part Di-calcium phosphate, this is a dairy feed additive bought at feed stores.

Comes in 50lb Bags at around $11.00 you need one bag.

2 parts Trace mineral salt, the red and loos kind without the medications.

Comes in 50lb Bags at around $5.00 you need two bags.

1 part Stock salt, ice cream salt.

Comes in 50lb Bags at around $2.00 you need one bag.

Directions:

-Use a 3 pound or similar size coffee can to use as your measure for each part of the mix.

-Mix all together well but not until read to use, keep ingredients separate until ready to put to use.

-Dig or tear up a circle in the soil about 36 inches wide and about 6 inches deep.

-Mix your mineral mixture with the soil.

Maintenance:

-Replenish in 6 months with fresh supply of mineral, and then each year there after.

I just crush up one 50 pound salt block and one 50 pound mineral block with a sledgehammer into softball or melon sized chunks and smash them into the dirt. Seems to work pretty well though I am going to try BLB recipe some year.

For sure, he has a pass this year and maybe next if some one doesn't bang him or he ends up in headlights. I got a bigger one from 12/26 and I think you will agree, this guy will be decent. I will try and post in this weekend, I wish I could have got his whole head but he must and came in and peeked around the camera for a a shot smile.gif

heres a couple i went out to the camera today and had 465 pics! theres only about 5 or 6 different deer

PIC0035.jpg

deercam151.jpg

deercam093.jpg

This guy should be a shooter this fall

i only had a 128 Mb memory card in the camera i thought it would have been enough for the 3 weeks i left it out, wrong it was full in 3 days. this buck didnt care about the flash either i have six pics in a row a minute apart. he still came back the next night.