• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can anyone help me out? wife and I are staying in Turtle Lake July 8-12. Looking for some good bass lakes near Turtle Lake. Any help would be appreciated all catch and release. thank you

You could probably catch a few on Upper Turtle, we had some luck there last summer, haven't been on it this year...A few decent walleyes out of there too. How far are you thinking about going from Turtle? Also, are you looking for numbers or size?

Big Round Lake is loaded with bass. Actually too many. The DNR has recommended that every time we fish the lake we should take a bass 13 inches or smaller out. The bass population is somewhat stunted with tons of fish between 8-14 inches. The DNR thinks the bass are eating all the walleye fry that is stocked by the DNR and the local tribe.

Sunday morning I caught between 30-40 bass and I was fishing for walleyes...

We had a stellar day last Thursday on Deer lake...I would say for every 5 bass we boated, 2 or 3 of them were 16" plus...Some decent panfish, and even 2 muskies to the boat, one of which was chomping on a bass we were bringing in!! It is a clear lake, though, so I bet it will be nuts this weekend...

Balsam Lake is always a good lake for bass, though there is a lot of recreational boaters out on the weekends. Half Moon, Long, Wappogasset, and Deer are all Lakes that would be worth a try.

I would second QS's picks. Long maybe having the better slop, though Balsam has some good slop-spots as well. Check out some of the smaller lakes in the Cumberland area too, especially if you're going on a weekend.

rascal