• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris problem

tims

I bought a new Sportsman 500 last winter. Started noticing that when i accelerate from a stop it seems kinda jerky like something may be binding. Only happens off the start. I did have the belt smoking for a short time while leveling some dirt so i suspect that may be the problem. Any other ideas?

I have had good luck with the dayco belts in my scrambler that I have setup for xc racing. The top cog belts are a big improvement over stockers and having the top cog also helps with the cooling of the clutches.

but just about any belt out there today is about the same. the only real difference would be the top cog style versus the smooth back style. i would recommend any top cog belt over a stock belt.

also the hpd belt that they sell is a carbon fiber belt , i have heard that its a very hard compound and it can actually groove your clutch sheaves. so i would steer clear of that one.

hpd does offer some great products though, I have several I have purchased for my quad.