• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ESPN report on KG trade

smartguy

The ESPN HSOforum is saying that the Wolevs are close to trading KG to the Lakers, in a three or 4 team deal with the PAcers and perhaps the Celtics. The ESPN HSOforum has more.

While I'm glad that KG now has a shot to get his ring, I wish it would have been any team other than the Lakers tongue.gif

I heard of that one and I did come across this one today.

Suns get Garnett, Celtics get Shawn Marion, and the Wolves get the #5 pick from Boston, #24 and #29 from Phoenix, 2008 1st round pick from Phoenix which is Atlanta's and is unprotected, and they get Kurt Thomas and Theo Ratliff which their contracts expire after the season.

I would probably think that we send the #24 to the Clippers to square up for the Cassell trade, then send the #29 to the Celtics to square up for the Wally trade. This trade will give us huge salary cap relief and square up on all our bad trades. There are some monster free agents in 2008 plus we will have the Atlanta 1st round pick and our own which will probably be top 10. I would do it.

So you trade away the franchise to try to loosen up some cash to sign free agents. They will never get anyone close to Garnets ability.

It will be another 10 years at least til they win a play off series at this rate.

They need to keep Garnet and get some "Players" around him.

If they get rid of Garnet the stands will be empty for a long long time!

I wouldn't say Odom sucks, but he's on the downside of his career. If they're going to trade KG then they need to get the most draft picks possible. McHale is bound to screw up on 50% of them so if we get a bunch we should get at least one or two good players.

I'd like to keep KG as much as anyone, but his hefty salary and the fact that we have a ton of money tied up in useless players (i.e. Hudson, Jaric, Blount, etc.) for a bunch of years means that it's almost impossible to surround him with enough talent to compete for a title in the west.

i wouldnt say blount is a useless player. he is ok. im glad it sounds like theyre gonna send jaric or t-hud with KG though so that would be nice. i still like the trade for the 5th, 19th, gerald green and company the most. i also heard something today that theyre looking at dealing t-hud for nazr mohammed. that wouldnt be bad.

I'd take Nazr for Hudson.

The deal I like the best is getting Al Jefferson and Boston's #5 pick. Not sure Boston wants to give up both though. That deal makes the most sense for everyone as the Wolves would get a good (young) low post player and a top draft pick. KG could then team up with Pierce in a much easier eastern conference.