• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Motor position while parked- Up or Down??

Rost

I am just curious if is it better for you to park your boat with the motor trimmed up or down? I usually trim my motor down onto a block of wood while it's in the garage.

Which position applies the most pressure on your tilt and trim?

There's no difference on your trim cylinders, but down also lets water drain from propshaft area.

You don't have to put a block under it, let it stay free, in case you jump inside boat to move something, you will not put strain on your T&T by having skeg resting on a block.

You want the motors in the down position as much as possible for both storage and transport. I leave my kicker in the down position all the time (trailering and storage), I leave my big motor down or on the transom saver.

Quote:

You want the motors in the down position as much as possible for both storage and transport. I leave my kicker in the down position all the time (trailering and storage), I leave my big motor down or on the transom saver.

Same way for me too.