• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trim Gauge not working

First of all check the connector at gauge. Does needle move when you turn key on ?

Also the sending unit is a little plastic paddle on left side of motor tilt bracket.

I typed this up Friday but forgot to send, sorry for the delay. This the the plactic paddle piece Valv is referring to.

My Yammy had this happen, start with looking at the trim sender. It's a black plactic ring with a little arm. It's on the front mounting bar of the motor that pushes in and out as the motor goes up and down. Fairly common issue on the Yammys and only a $2.50 part.

Quote:

It's a black plactic ring with a little arm. It's on the front mounting bar of the motor that pushes in and out as the motor goes up and down.

I think this depends on the HP... in the midsize engines (up to 90 HP I think... but not 100% sure on the upper limit) there is a paddle like Valv is talking about. I believe the bigger motors have the style you describe (where there' a ring on the tilt tube).

marine_man

I've been so busy, I've only looked for a couple of minutes for that paddle thing and didnt see it, I do see the gage twitch alittle when I turn the key on but stays in the full trim/tilt position. my prop makes a "COOL" sound when it's trimmed right grin.gif so for now I've just been going by that and keeping my eye on the tach. soory I couldnt help at this point, I still have to figure out what this paddle thing looks like blush.gif