• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Volvo Penta Outboards. Do you have one??

I am starting to think that I am the only guy outside of Sweden that may have a Volvo Penta Outboard. I think mine is called the

Volvo Penta 39 or the Volvo Penta 40, to he honest I don't really know.

I got the motor from a guy that brought it back from Alaska. It runs great and is very powerful, I just don't know much about it. Have any of you ever owned one or even seen one????

When I got it, the motor was all navy blue. I gave it a camo job right away.

Do you mean an I/O or an actual outboard ?

That would be neat to have, if you want to sell, I'll buy it, or I can trade with a 40hp Mercury mid '90s

Sure, I've seen 'em. Good outboards but a little heavy. We used them all over the Great Land. And the very first little Honda four-strokes too, back in the early 70's. Honda made a nifty little 7.5 hp 4-stroke in early 70's but most people thing they are something that just popped up in recent years.

It's probably a collectible now. Or it was until you decided to paint it. confused.gif

I worked on a couple back in the seventies when Floyd Olson Marine was in business on Hwy 2 West in Bemidji--now Grass Lake Trailer Park. They were very good motors. One of the first loop charged outboards, they were powerful and great on gas. It's been a lot of years since I've seen one. You might try contacting Volvo-Penta to see if any info is available for yours.

My old man has a Archimedes Penta that is navy blue and orange lettering I think it is a 5 horse, also has an orange prop and is air cooled and about as loud as a chainsaw by each ear!! Not sure what year it is. Do you think it is worth anything?? It runs very well and is in good shape.

Thanks

Is it worth anything? Yes. It's worth keeping! If it runs well and is dependable it may come in VERY handy some day. Is that WORTH anything to you?

If you just want to "git sumthin'" for it put it on hsolist Motors and see what happens.

But a cool guy would hang onto that baby. grin.gif

I wish I knew 9 years ago what a gem I had. Maybe I would not have given her a new camo look. Let me tell you, these Volvo's are not pretty, I think "robust" sums them up. Mine sure does run well with only changing plugs and lower unit oil.