• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buck and a couple flowers

It never fails. Had the Canon 100mm macro delivered to my door today, and spent the whole day watching fantastic light through my office window at the paper. As soon as I closed the office and headed for the woods, the heavy clouds rolled in, the wind rose, and my macro stayed in the bag.

I did manage to capture a deer and a raspberry flower with the telephoto, and got so disgusted that I picked a starflower in my back yard when I got home and brought it into the studio so I at least could play with the new macro a bit, even if it was not natural light.

All with the Canon 30D

How big will he be in November?

Canon 100-400L IS at 400mm, iso400, 1/100 at f8, handheld

buck-nubs.jpg

Tomorrow's raspberries

Canon 100-400L IS at 400mm, iso400, 1/800 at f8, handheld

raspberry-flower.jpg

All three of the following were shot with the Canon 100mm macro off a manfrotto tripod, the first two with just the lens, the last one with a full set of extension tubes added. All used mirror lockup custom function and a remote shutter release.

Starflower I

iso100, 1/100 at f2.8

two-best.jpg

Starflower II

iso100, 1.3 sec at f32

two-tight.jpg

Starflower III

iso400, 1/25 at f2.8

very-tight.jpg