• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grizzly 700 efi

Scott K

Nemadji is a great place to ride. I am hoping to get up there on the 20th, or possibly up to Akeley. I'll ride pretty much anywhere, it's nice to just get out.

Here's a few pictures from a ride.

Red20Top20200620005.jpg

Red Top Sink Hole

Red20Top20200620014.jpg

Crawling out of the mud!

Red20Top20200620001.jpg

Cleaning the glasses. Normally have a helmet on but took it off for the water.

The 500 Sportsman has been a good machine.

I think we definitely need to set something up for Nemadji. I was there a couple years ago on the DS and found that some of the trails that we rode "back in the day" for our annual April 1st ride are now closed to motorized use.

If we do set something up, we also need to have things understood adn some rules to follow when we go such as:

1) Absolutely no DRUGS or ALCOHOL.

2) Ride at your own risk, this event is not affiliated with any group or organization.

3) You are responsible for your own actions and your own behind. If someone is kind enough to help you out.....lucky you.

4) all laws/regualtions must be followed.

5) Anyone caught going off a marked or designated trail will be referred to the local authorities.

6) All involved in a ride must show respect to other trail users, including stopping and shuttign down for non-motorized trail users unless waived on.

If anyone can add to this list, please do. If we get this going, we need to ensure that all involved act appropriately and in a respectable manner.

The best dates that work for me are May 26th and June 9th (preferrably June 9th)

We should also communicate with others in our geographical area to possibly ride-share to cut back on fuel costs since gas will more than likely be over $3.50 gallon.

And Roofer, I'll be sure to bring the Kawasaki Recovery vehicle along. grin.gif I also think to have everyone meet at Banning Junction is a good idea. We'll have to figure out a starting point.

Will be riding trails in Akeley (Round River drive/Martineau) on June 9th.

I would also probably be free for a ride on May 26th.

As for the rules: no problem, those are all common sense rules that ALL ATV riders should be following.

Where are these trail?

How many hours is the ride? And how rough is the ride?

How far of a drive is it?

Are we just going up then coming back same day?

June 9th would work better for me also!

Where would anybody interested come from? I would be trailering out from St.Cloud area.

Nemadji is roughly 2 hours from St.Cloud area.

I don't know about others but I usually like to be to the trail head by 9:00am and ready to ride by 9:30am. I would ride all day if there are others to ride with.

Nemadji is located near Nickerson, Mn East of 35w

Heading North on 35 Take Hwy 23 East (sandstone/askov exit)

Follow HWY 23 NE to Net Lake Forest Rd.

Check DNR HSOforum for better directions.

Nemadji State Forest is about 30-45minute southeast of Duluth

Redtop is 4.6 miles east of Isle. We would drop at Isle if that is the trail of choice. If so, hopefully the Ten Bruin would be open too. Redtop is a better choice if kids are riding since there would be access for them to ride to a restaraunt.

Nemadji on the other hand would require travel on township roads to get something to eat, either in Holyoke, Douquette, or Nickerson.

As fishy mentioned, if Nemadji is the trail of choice, for us here in Le Sueur and Henderson, it's about 2 1/2 hours to get to HWY 23 (Finlayson/Askov exit) a.k.a. Banning Junction. There is a cafe there where we've usually stopped for a bite before the ride. In the past we've dropped off at Nickerson, but it seems that isn't an option anymore if I remember right. The trail heads I've seen out there are rather small and wouldn't cater to a large group very well.

I should have mentioned that most of Redtop is 2 machines wide, about 35 miles worth of trails, and excellent for a novice rider. Ten Bruin on the other hand is more technical with one-way travel and consists of rocks, trees and tree stumps. I did take my DS 650 through there a few years ago.

Based on my last ride at Nemadji, most of the trails there are also wide enough for 2 machines with some single passage areas. But some of these trails are also dual usuage so we would very possibly share them with horses. I also rode this with my DS the last time I was there.

Either way sounds fun to me. I didnt know taking kids was an option. If it is, I do owe my daughter a weekend outing alone trip. My son always gets to go places with me that she isnt interested in. But if not she can wait another day.

Dont make or break plans on my account, I am still recovering from a shoulder surgery so I will need to see how it progresses before I dedicate myself to go. Im doing good now but, 4 weeks from now I might not be. But if I am I would really like to go. Lets just plan this thing, and do it if possible. I agree with you Dave, no drugs, or alcohol! And no being stupid! Besides that lets do it and have fun!!

The more I think about it, the more I am tempted to rule out the 26th as well since that is Memorial Day weekend. I would really like to get all involved in this thread to be able to attend, but if taking a kid or two along, that would be fine by my account.

I will check to see what I have for dates available and start a new thread later today/early tomorrow.

Scott, Redtop would make a good day trip if you want to do a trip with just her. Most of the trails really cater to the novice. Just be sure to lead the way if possible. It's safer to have the kids behind an experienced rider than infront.

I don't have kids, but it isn't a problem for me either. I don't really feel like blasting through the woods at 65 anyways. This way maybe I could talk the GF into coming. She could keep up with the kids, haha, but I really doubt she would come.

Redtop on the 9th then??

I can go to either one, but a one day ride for the southerners.....it would be closer to go to Redtop.

I may head there this coming weekend and I could check it out for us if anyone would like to know.

Sounds like a good time lets plan it and whoever can make it, makes it, whoever cant will need to wait untill the next run.

I will wait for an upated post.

Quote:

I was wondering if anyone has bought one of these yet, or has drivin one. I have the 660 and was wondering if there is much difference in them, and what anyone has thought of the new power steering system in these. I heard from one person about it and he said that the power steering is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just wondering if any of you guys that have driven one of them and your thoughts of it. A friend of mine just orderd a 700 grizzly and I am curious? Also if the efi 700 has much more power then the 660?

The new grizzly 700 is a great new quad, i was debating on getting the grizz 700 before my outty 800 but i decided to leave yamaha for once and try another brand.

we just got back from a mountain trip and my friend has a 700 grizz and it shined out there other than the boiling gas issue that they have which can be fixed by making a vented gas cap or taking that silver metal ball out of the gas cap seems to help with the pressure. You can use the gas cap off a raptor 700 and that will fix the problem too. after riding for awhile we took a break and he heard the gas boiling and took the cap off and gas rushed out and all over the tank! it was crazy. otherwise the grizz has...

power steering

new 700 w/efi

great watertight storage

new a-arms

great suspension

same capable 4wd system with the best lockers in the biz

the yamamatic is a great cvt system also

the 700 is not has beefy as a vtwin but it isnt herky jerky as a brute or canam twin when crawlin.

This 700 is the quad to get in my opinion. What is has over the competition is the following.

honda rincon 680- no lockers, no power, no power steering, NO LOW RANGE

outty 800-power steering, better storage

brute force- storage!!!, power steering, suspension, efi pre-08

i dont even want to get into the cats and polaris because i dont have all day to type what they dont have LOL!! jk.

I have the 04 660 grizzly, and a 04 660 raptor, a friend of mine bought the 07 700 grizzly, it will blow away my 660 grizzly, almost keeps up to my raptor. I have drove this thing, let me tell you, p/s is the way to go, you wouldnt think you need it, until you drove one with it! It would be like driving a car without p/s after driving them with. I also have a friend with the 700 raptor, my 660 raptor took him barely, but he has atleast 50 lbs on me.