• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grizzly 700 efi

Scott K

I was wondering if anyone has bought one of these yet, or has drivin one. I have the 660 and was wondering if there is much difference in them, and what anyone has thought of the new power steering system in these. I heard from one person about it and he said that the power steering is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just wondering if any of you guys that have driven one of them and your thoughts of it. A friend of mine just orderd a 700 grizzly and I am curious? Also if the efi 700 has much more power then the 660?

I tryed on last weekend. A friend of mine bought one. Its sweet, the power steering is great. I liked the way it turns so sweet.I have a 2005 King Quad a bit faster than the griz when we got on them, but really how fast do you have to go. It will be my next toy!!

Three Words: One Handed Steering! grin.gif

I haven't driven a 660 but the 700 was snappier than my 500efi sportsman. I plan on buying a machine with it, probably not until they release the 08 models. It has some very nice features. a 700 camo will run you about $9k fully loaded. (winch,bumpers,4yr warranty, all the bells and whistles.)

Power steering is for ladies! cool.gifblush.gifgrin.gif

One handed driving............That will lead to good things????????????? tongue.gif

Looks like a nice machine, but underpowered compared to the competition, not to mention the outrageous price tag.

Sorry to rag on your post.

Have you drivin one? How do you know its under powerd, and what are you comparing it to? I have the 660 and it can keep up if not beat most machines, I cant imagine the 700 is slower. And as for the power steering, what I have heard is once you drive it with you will never go back, consider power steering in the 60s for cars, would you want to go back to not having power steering in your car or truck? I have raced and beaten the rincon, and the 650 twin articat. So if the grizzly is under powered, I guess them are both way under powered!

OK ladies, since I know both of you personally, don't make me come over and kick your tails!!!!!!!!!

Now although I do have a Rincon, I don't expect to win any races. Especially against Roofer's BF 750. I bought it for comfort and all around versatility.

For your reference Scott, that's what he's comparing the 700 Grizz to (Brute Force 750). I can vouch for the power of the Kawi V-Twin since I had the KFX 700. I thought I wouldn't need a machine with EFI, but now that I have one, I can't imagine NOT having it. The same could very well be true with the EPS on the Grizz.

I haven't ridden the 700 Grizz, but based on what I saw in the promotional DVD that I got from Yamaha, I would rate the Grizz in the middle of the pack between the Sportsmans and the Kawasaki's and Can-Am's.

SO guys, let's not get too heated here. Since I know both of you, having gone to school with one and ridden with the other, we should try to get a ride set up before gas hits the $3.50/gallon mark so I don't have to mortgage the house to ride this summer. grin.gif

Quote:

And with the gas going up to $3.50 a gallon,the gas guzzling Brute Force 750 will be the first one to the gas station!

No doubt! haha

Compared to a brute force of any size the yami700 is following. When I said underpowered, I meant in the big bore category. Brutes Can-can't's, Sp800's.............I would think they should have put more power into this machine. I'm not sure, but I think the 700 is a punched 660 with a throttle body. So, maybe it's not so new anyways.

I apologize for stepping on toes. I really should learn to write "In my opinion" more often. confused.gif

Don't be modest Dave......You could hand me my arse in a race on your SP500 you had or any other machine for that matter. LOL You know that........

I am improving though.........TBC blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifcool.gif

BTW, Dave......Don't you remember when we were riding in that pit when I came to visit you????I was telling you and Scrammy that the next thing would be power steering, because the sport is getting "yuppy". You both said " nah, no way". This was like 5 years ago now, wasn't it? This was the same day that Scram broke his collar bone.

Anyways, sorry to get off topic.

Yup I remember that. I seriously never thought it would happen. Now I've been proven wrong.

As far as the SP 500, I think there were only a couple rides that I had the SP 500 where we actually rode together, once during the ATVAM convention when Cory ran into me in the sinkhole and twice at Nemadji during our annual April 1st ride before the Forest closures took full effect. If my mind hasn't failed me, most other rides, including your cabin and Trimont where Scrambler, a.k.a. Preddyfast, broke his collar bone, I had the Vinson.

Still feel sorry for Scrammy for sitting in the truck for an hour before you and I decided we had enough. LOL grin.gif

Im not at all heated up, just wanted to know what he was comparing it to. I do agree yamaha didnt follow with everyone else in the next step for the big bores.

I cant wait to go out riding, but I have to wait for awhile yet, just recovering from a shoulder surgery. I can do a little riding, but not much and not hard riding. Pretty much have the raptor collecting cob webs this year.

I would love to go on a trail ride with some people some time, maybe later in the summer to early fall, we should set up a trail ride?

Picked up a 700 on april 1. Not sure what you consider underpowered but the 700 has the Raptor engine with a few changes. The power steering is great in the rough stuff no feed back at all. So far I have had no problems and everyone thats ridden it has had great things to say about it.I would recommend it to anyone.

Watch the Griz dvd that comes with dirtwheels mag this month. It will support everything I said. It really points out all the flaws Can-AM has very well.

I watched part of the video that I received with my subscription of QUAD magazine. It's just more of the same that we get from Polaris, Can-Am, Kawi, blah blah blah. Any rider worth his salt could get on a Can-Am or any machine and ride circles around the Grizz. It has just as much to do with the rider as it does the machine itself.

These vid's are nothing more than a marketing scheme to sway people towards their product.

I agree Dave. I was just really surprised to see so much aluminum under the Can-Am and how exposed it is. I think a 80cc Honda dirt bike has bigger skid plates. It really looks like a sport quad when they turn it up on it's back end.

I would have to say though that the Griz would do better in the mud than a Can-Am.

We will have to go riding sometime, then you can convince me that the grizzly is under powered. Im sure to the big 800s, or the 750 twin it maybe. I guess that is why I was asking if the 700 has much more power than the 660. I personally drive the raptor, inwhich will walk circles around my wifes grizzly. I run you with the raptor!

Throw some 27's on that raptor and it's a run! haha

Seriously, I don't care to race. That's why I buy 4x4 machines. I want the power to turn bigger tires in the mud (low end power). I am really leaning towards trail riding more now, but I'm not a fan of the little sport machines.

All you have to do is test drive a Brute and you will see the power difference. If we do end up on a ride together sometime, I'll let you try mine out.

I bought the raptor because I had a crew I worked with that all had sport machines, and we would ride a few times a month together. Now I no longer work there. My wife has a grizzly and when we go trial riding the raptor is fun for a couple hours, but after that Im looking to the wife to trade rides for awhile. Im thinking of selling the raptor and buying a new wheeler(4x4) for the comfort.

I would like to go riding sometime, and try new trails. I have been going to wisconsin to ride, my inlaws have a cabin there , and I have some land there also, good trail around both places. Maybe later this summer if you have a ride set up, or if I am planning on a ride, we could hook up and ride. Im always looking for a new adventure.

I say we try to get something set up and ride Nemadji. I know there are no less than 5 people in my area that want to get together for a ride. The trails there are almost like riding Redtop, but you can easily put on 60-70 miles a day. I'll check my calendar after this weekend and repost with a potential date for sometime this month or in June.

After what I saw last weekend, the Grizz that was riding with us was an animal and got stuck the least out of all of us but he also weighed 150 lbs and has been riding quads since he was 5 yrs old. The Kawi Brute and Prairie that was with us were also impressive machines and went thru a lot. However, all 3 quads were set up with aftermarket tires lifts.

After riding all three machines, they were impressive but I still prefer my Can-Am for all around useage!

Nice honest post snomanx.

I'd be interested in a ride soon. Are we thinking banning junction again? Do you know your way around LEP7MM? I have a GPS and I'm sure others do also, so we should have no problems. It's just last time I went, I just followed Kurt and the others.

Hopefully we can schedule something, because I am planning weekend time to remodel the house.