• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

picutres from vacation on the Riviera Maya.

In January we spent on week at the El DOrado Royale Spa Resort 40 minutes south of Cancun. the first two pics were taken off my balcony with a 55mm lense on my Canon Xti. The food pic was taken with a 300mm macro lense. Enjoy.

[image]MEXICO003.jpg[/image]

[image]MEXICO002.jpg[/image]

[image]MEXICO026.jpg[/image]

[image]http://MEXICO163.jpg[/image]

Here was a toothy critter we saw on a bike path. I was about 10 feet from him when I took the picture

[image]MEXICO148.jpg[/image]

Paul nice pictures. Not to hijack the thread but how did you like the resort? We stayed at the Eldorado Seaside a couple of years ago, and always wondered what the other one was like. Might not be too bad of a place to plan for this years trip. grin.gif

Fantastic. I can send you a link to some more pics if you want. email me at my HSOforum listed in my profile. I will send a email link to my photo site at yahoo photos.

The resort was fantastic.

Cool Pictures.

Hey Jiggin-matt

What did you think of Seaside?

We stay there about 2 years ago. I thought the place was nice, but I was a little iffie when we pulled in and it said "Au Natural" (Resort right next to us was a nudie - The wife almost went through the roof.

DL

SHHHH! Don't tell anyone! This is our secret!

I thought we were the only Minnesotans to get down there; It seems like its all Europeans, Canadians, and Yoopers. My wife and I go a little further south to Gran Bahia Principe (about 10 min. north of Tulum). This last spring was our 3rd year running, and we'll definitely go back unless there is a reason not to. And it would have to be a pretty big reason. Huge, really.

Woody, we loved it. Food was good, drinks were great, and there was plenty to do right at the resort. plus the snorkeling was great right from the beach. We would definitley go there again. We try different spots each year and when we find good spots we go back a few years later. Jamaica is my favorite. grin.gif

Never had any problems with the au natural crowd. Although one night a couple of the blondes came over with their barely barely barely there outfits. I don't think any of the guys in our group complained. The wives just laughed about it. laugh.gifgrin.gif

Here are some pictures from our honeymoon at the same resort

View from the lobby

P1000364.jpg

View from the room

P1000305.jpg

Some from an early morning walk along the beach

P1000424.jpg

P1000415.jpg

P1000401.jpg

Some fo the critters we came across. I wasn't quick enough to get the tarantula that almost crawled up my wife's foot.

P1000436.jpgP1000456.jpgP1000367.jpg

Paul,

We were in the 2500 section of the casitas,overlooking the pool where the Pericos bar was. The fondue restaurant was out our front door. Does that sound about where you were?

We were there April 16th to the 23rd.

No, we did not splurge for the casitas. We were there during the prime rate part of hte year and that extra $400/night was a little more than I could afford. they looked nice though. We were near the pool were they did all the activities such as bike tours etc. Was a gourgeous place with amazing food. I would go back again that is for sure.

I hear you on the extra $$ money for the casitas. If it was not for the honeymoon we would not have splurged ourselves. Now the new wife is spoiled and probably in for some big dissapointments for future vacations with me. laugh.gif

We will also go back in a heartbeat if time and money allows.