• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Skeeter 1770 rope cleat

Scoot

Question for you boat gurus: I've got a 1999 Skeeter 1770. The rope cleats in back are on the inside of the gunnel. These are not the new cleats that Skeeter uses- these are fixed (meaning they don't colapse so as to be flat with the gunnel). Twice I've had people break their rods in my boat because of the location of the cleats- their rod falls inside the edge of the cleat, they go to grab their rod, and "SNAP!" Is it possible to put the collapsable style cleats in place of what I have without having to do major surgery on the boat?

My brother-in-law had the same problem with his Skeeter 1775. Wisc. opener one year we broke a G-Lommis, expensive Fenwick and a hand-made, high-end St. Croix. All were nicked on a cleat, then broke when setting the hook on Crappies!!!!

I told him I could no longer afford to fish in his boat!!!!

Kirch