• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Hatchery Visit - Constantia

Tyler, Amanda and I had a great trip to the hatchery to help Amanda understand the walleye spawn and to get a nice lunch, afterwards we swung by Sylvan Beach for ice cream. Beautiful day out and I wish the pictures in the creek had came out better but because of the rippling water that wasn't the case. Here's some phot'os from our vist. Our two guides were Tom Pierce and Al Narewski. Tom I know from Fishin Phil and Al is retired Air Force.

Tyler and Amanda having lunch by the creek..

1000511ci3.jpg

Note on the door..

1000512iu1.jpg

Holding tank in the hatchery.

1000515lz6.jpg

Amanda thought these were cool..

1000514fq1.jpg

Amanda was looking for the tiger muskie, but it wasn't in there..

1000513bj2.jpg

Walleye eggs in the tubes..

1000518mv2.jpg

This was the only Natural eye picture I could take outside because there was some slack water where they store the net boats but you can see there are quite a few shadows below the water.

1000520ev2.jpg

Our guides and the kids...

1000521ja5.jpg

Timmy, heres some picts we took from our trip on wed when they were stripping eggs....

Heres a pict of the whole egg stripping and fin clipping opperation.

The guys in the back scoop out fish for the guys milking and squeezing eggs. The three guys in the middle are milking and egging and keeping the pot stirred. They put the fish when done down a tube to the two closer folks who clip a fin on each fish before putting em down another tube that goes into the raceway inder the hatchery that feeds back into the creek...

dsc00149vx8.jpg

Heres a shot of the milking stripping stirring

dsc00146fu7.jpg

Heres the fin clipping

dsc00148eq7.jpg

And finally a sunset shot from the beach....

dsc00160nn9.jpg

Nice pics guys and you are right tim about the sun set.Jay thats a beautiful picture.I see alot of those during the year.I guess I have to break down now and buy a camera I need to be able to show some of this also seeing how im on the water so much.