• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bullgill mount pictures

bull_head

Thanks!

I've already been referred to many different taxidermists. I just have yet to find one that does good work on pan fish.

I'd hate to bring my gills somewhere and then be unhappy with the paint job.

Pictures would be much appreciated.

Metro would be nice. If I have to ship them then I will. I'd rather spend a few more dollars for quality too.

78....I'm not into mounting fish anymore, been there done that, kids broke em, dog ate em, cat clawed em, trashman took em! Wife probably wouldn't let me put em on the wall anyways anymore? grin.gif

But, that fish of yours looks like it could swim away!

I would have to say that your fish is right up there as one of the most realistic looking mounts I've ever seen. Mrs. Grebe would HAVE to let me put something that nice on the wall! Hummmmm?

Well it helps if you got some pictures of the fish when ya caught them I know it helped alot on my fish. I will try to get my cousin to let me take some of his panfish he does. He is located in Isle Minnesota. I have seen some of his gills he mounted and they look really good. Thanks Grebe

On Hanson's recommendation I took a 14" crappie to Jack's in Coon Rapids and you would not believe how many people have told me how real it looks. I don't have a picture of it here at work, but all the other sportsmen in the office have all stopped and asked about it. Jack will be getting plenty of business if they all catch fish they want mounted. His paint work is very well done.

Off the direct subject here.. I'm looking for someone to repaint an old mount I have of a walleye.. I can get a pic to put it on here but im not too handy with that stuff.. Do you all recommend the same people for touch-up work too?

hanson,

Is it possible to get a pic focusing on the gill? I can look up jack and swing through is place sometime.

ANYONE esle have any they care to share?? Its hard to believe a guy can only get 1 pic posted of fish. Got to be some more nice fish on some of your walls.

Quote:

Off the direct subject here.. I'm looking for someone to repaint an old mount I have of a walleye.. I can get a pic to put it on here but im not too handy with that stuff.. Do you all recommend the same people for touch-up work too?

A good painter is a good painter, whether its the first time or a touch up. Ask your taxidermist if they have any before and after photos of restorations, you'll be amazed at what they can do. Some are very good at taking a destroyed fish and making it new again.

I get my fish done by Joe DeLong (651-429-7299) in Vadnais Heights. He is a full time taxidermist and his work really caught my eye when I was looking to get a crappie done a few years ago. Since then I have had four gills done and brought a walleye in for my dad. He has an amazing display that you could check out.

Here are the gills ...

DSC01275.jpg

DSC01278.jpg

Nitroant or Hanson:

was searching for some mounting recommendations and came across this post.

I've got a 1 lb 8oz 14 1/4" crappie that took 2nd (well actually tied for 1st) in the Tonka contest saturday and being it was dead when I got it back, i thought i'd get it mounted. I dont know if you can mention costs over the posts here, but ballpark what did it cost you guys to have the crappies mounted. also what is the exact name of this Jacks? I did the online yellow pages and it didn't show up in Coon Rapids.

Tonka Crappie.jpg