• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opti Batteries

bassNspear

I think they are a very overrated brand. No need to spend that kind of money. Look at interstates or something along those lines. We use deep cycle batteries at work for some of our equipment and we went through 2 optimas this past year. We have interstates running the same equipment that are over 3 years old.

I second the Interstate batteries(deep cycle), I had a brain fart last fall and took my spare trolling motor battery out of the boat and left the main one in there all winter still hooked up, and the boat sat outside for over half the winter. A couple weeks ago i was looking all over our shop for that battery and could not find it, then I decided to check the boat and there it was...pulled the cables off and cleaned the posts up, put cables back on and still had 75% power...not sure how long the battery will hold up but I was quite impressed that it still had juice. On a side note: The battery has made it through two seasons and it has not shown any signs of fading, although after leaving it outside all winter I don't expect it to last much longer.